Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I make slideshows in XD and would love a way to add alt text to the images before I export. If the slideshow is very long, it is tedious to add alt tags and accessibility features in Acrobat.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The main reason I decided to use XD was to be able to export easily to AE to animate and we should be able to choose between 1x, 2x or 3x resolution when exporting so we can create HD animation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I was just thinking if there is a way to export interactions as animated SVG.

E.g. when you create a number of artboards for loading screens or splash screens for mobile app design in order to create an animation (logo movement, or colours etc), to be able to export that animation as a single animated svg file?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We can already mark for export, but it would be very helpful if we could have a do not export option for components.

For example, I work on a lot of web banner ads and our prototypes in XD need to have the Google ads icon displayed on all banner ads. I've converted this icon into a component.

Before I hand the approved ads to our developer, I change the opacity of the master icon component to 0 and then export the artwork.

I wish we could select the component in the Components panel, right click on it and choose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently when trying to export a preview JPG or cut assets, if an asset layer uses a blending mode the exported file will ignore the blending mode and revert it to its original state.

Example, if you have a dark blue background color and want to create a glow with a white circle with a blur, setting the blending mode to overlay will change the color of this white glow to a lighter blue color of the background color - when exported to jpg or png it will appear white.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Is this still an issue for you?
    If yes, could you please attach an XD file with which you can reproduce the issue and maybe a recording?
    Our team tried to reproduce it but with no success.

Thanks,
    Corina Murgila

11. Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I have a component "checkbox", and a state of that component named "checkbox_active", when exporting the asset, both will be named checkbox.svg, then I have to rename it manually.

My idea is to name the svg accordingly with the state name or putting an underscore between names.

Ex: component-name_state-name

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)