Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. We often send clients JPGs to show them the design, would be good to be able to export individual/all artboards (like in illustrator).

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’re pleased to announce that JPG export is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

2. I like the idea that you simplify layers and groups. But when we come to code flow, renaming all assets after export is very waste of time.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be able to pick a single (or multiple) artboard to export as pdf. Working with multiple artboards to show simple drop down executions and do not need them all exported together since then I have to go into Acrobat and delete pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. XD is a great software to design digital assets with vector graphics and text. It would be perfect if text could be converted into curves when assets are saved as svg files for web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi Frank, we support this, go to Path → Convert to Path.
    Perhaps we need to make it more obvious.

Tom

6. Artboards should export at the device's true resolution. iPhone 7 Plus should export at 1242x2208 and not the 414x870. Same with Android's 1080x1920 resolution.

We should at least select the 3 times (3x) option when exporting. Artboards. The PDF option creates too many steps to create a PNG/JPG of an Artboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This is straight taken from my Sketch workflow. In Sketch, when you copy an artboard, the pastable asset is a raster version of your artboard. This allows to quickly paste a work in progress to a Trello card or Slack channel/conversation. This also negates having to export an asset for nothing, saving time and reducing project clutter in general.

As of now,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's cool that we now have the option of exporting SVG files with the february update - But unless I'm blind it does not seem like there is any option to name the file that one wants to export? It would be very nice if it was possible to choose a custom filename like "car.svg" rather than "Path 823.svg" for instance.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to choose which files to export and NOT export would be great. So that you can easily re-export all images of a UI without hand-picking every file you want to export. So a tag for include/exclude....(!) Should also work with groups so that groups of buttons and text can exclude the text in an export process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0 you can mark for export individual assets and export them in a format of your choice. Marking can be done using the layers panel. After marking, you can select the following menu sequence File →Export→Batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

11. When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

12. Unless I missed something, there is no way to name the new export, and it will use the .xd filename and add the relevant extension (PDF, etc...)

Could we give it a different name so we don't have to overwrite, or create a subfolder?

This is useful when exporting a subset of artboards from the same project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When your XD file synces automatically to CC Cloud files it is in a unreadable format. Taking up space while unusable. Please fix this or just don't have them sync. I realize easier to share on another computer with XD on it but I don't think it should be the default to automatically share unless it shared as a JPEG at the very least.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add PDF to list of export options for Vector assets in addition to just SVG.

PDF contain embedded sizing information (in points), allowing assets to be used directly in iOS with no manual rasterization necessary.

This would allow an iOS/OSX developer to export vector assets just once, and import directly into XCAssets library immediately with no intermediate steps.

Here's how this is accomplished with Illustrator today: http://martiancraft.com/blog/2014/09/vector-images-xcode6/

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Just the ability to be able to click and drag a layer or object across in Xd would be class.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest version of Adobe XD it is now possible to drag & drop layers from Photoshop into XD to import them. (You can also copy-paste).

You can copy-paste individual assets from Illustrator into Adobe XD, though you can’t drag & drop them.

That seems like enough to call this feature completed now. Please let us know if I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, though.

2 Next →