Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Windows] Export SVG

I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export single artboard as pdf

Be able to pick a single (or multiple) artboard to export as pdf. Working with multiple artboards to show simple drop down executions and do not need them all exported together since then I have to go into Acrobat and delete pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select which assets to include and exclude in an export

Being able to choose which files to export and NOT export would be great. So that you can easily re-export all images of a UI without hand-picking every file you want to export. So a tag for include/exclude....(!) Should also work with groups so that groups of buttons and text can exclude the text in an export process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0 you can mark for export individual assets and export them in a format of your choice. Marking can be done using the layers panel. After marking, you can select the following menu sequence File →Export→Batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

4. Exporting assets for iOS and Android

When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

5. Ability to name export file (not overwrite file)

Unless I missed something, there is no way to name the new export, and it will use the .xd filename and add the relevant extension (PDF, etc...)

Could we give it a different name so we don't have to overwrite, or create a subfolder?

This is useful when exporting a subset of artboards from the same project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export to PDF - Option for 2x Bitmaps inside (or don't downsample at all)

Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD file shared to Creative Cloud is not very useful yet

When your XD file synces automatically to CC Cloud files it is in a unreadable format. Taking up space while unusable. Please fix this or just don't have them sync. I realize easier to share on another computer with XD on it but I don't think it should be the default to automatically share unless it shared as a JPEG at the very least.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export Assets as PDF

Add PDF to list of export options for Vector assets in addition to just SVG.

PDF contain embedded sizing information (in points), allowing assets to be used directly in iOS with no manual rasterization necessary.

This would allow an iOS/OSX developer to export vector assets just once, and import directly into XCAssets library immediately with no intermediate steps.

Here's how this is accomplished with Illustrator today: http://martiancraft.com/blog/2014/09/vector-images-xcode6/

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our July release will have options to export selected artboards or assets to a single PDF or multiple PDF files.

9. Click and drag to import individual assets from Ps & Ai

Just the ability to be able to click and drag a layer or object across in Xd would be class.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest version of Adobe XD it is now possible to drag & drop layers from Photoshop into XD to import them. (You can also copy-paste).

You can copy-paste individual assets from Illustrator into Adobe XD, though you can’t drag & drop them.

That seems like enough to call this feature completed now. Please let us know if I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, though.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base