Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. Provide command line tool at least for exporting renditions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a user, In adobeXD Hyperlink will also work on exporting artboard into pdf formate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right now it seems that I can export vector graphics as PNGs with transparent backgrounds but this is not true for PDFs. Even when I uncheck FILL, the PDF is still exported with a white fill.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exporting assets (like a row of buttons) as JPG turns the transparent space to white - it should change it to the artboards background colour (or even better, give the user the option to use the background colour or not)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When exporting (to PDF, PNG, anything) scan to see if any text is hidden inside text boxes (of the artboards that are being exported) and warn the user that there is some hidden text. Just of the artboards or assets that are being exported, however. e.g. If I'm exporting pages 1 - 4, don't tell me there's some hidden text on page 5.

(look at InDesign for example of this functionality).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be a massive time saver to have the option to download assets from a specific library in bulk. Having to click and D/L each asset individually feels prehistoric to me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)