Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. I design layout with sample text. I export the background for use in actual layouts. Now I have to hide what I don't want to export.
    By marking them I don't have to hide them and editing layout will also be a lot easier. All hidden items in a group cannot be selected and moved together with items not in the group.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would it be possible to introduce a short-cut option (right-click on Mac) to export each page directly from an artboard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. • Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
    Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

1,717 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

3,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    • Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

17. 67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you'll use exported SVG graphics as a code embedded into your HTML (but not as an external .svg image) you encounter CSS issues.
    The problem is in <style></style> which you generate on SVG export. Every path in SVG has its class name and they all are named like "a", "b", "c" etc… (image 1 attached)
    1. These classes may cause conflict with existing classes, in case I already have "a", "b", "c" classes in my HTML.
    2. These classes will interfere styles of other SVGs exported from XD and embedded on the page.

Solution:
    Remove classes and generate inline…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)