Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so I can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or
    2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When viewing on a mobile in browser, you forgot to design the 'Loading' indication text. It sits there top left 'tucked' up in the corner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I notice that when I share my designs with team members, they have a much harder time navigating the screens than I do. I think that is because in my XD view, I place the artboards in a way that it makes sense chronologically/flow-wise, but in the shared prototype that is flattened out to one linearly combined list of all the screens.

Therefore, I think it would be beneficial if my team members could also see the artboards in a page similar to the way the designer sees it. The viewer then has the boards placed in the same way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. From the business risk point of view, we wonder if there is a function of the valid Expiration setting for file share.
    Currently we need to delete a share setting manually.
    Means, if we forget deleting, the file will be kept sharing permanently, and unexpectedly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)