Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

5. The ability to print full pages from the shared prototype screen would be great.

I know you can display the prototype full screen then print, but that compresses the page horizontally and doesn't allow you to view the whole page, just what's currently in the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the use of the left/right arrow keys in embedded prototypes in order to give users possibility to scroll artboards. I know it works if all artboards are not wired, but it should work also if these are wired. Like in prototypes or preview. It is not clear why is it excluded from embed mode.

Some prototypes have multiple clickable hotspots so users have to search for them and learn their way through. Giving them possibility to use common arrow keys is a way to get sure they will be able to see all artboards and find their way back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like an option to allow viewers of my prototypes and Design Specs to be able to download a PDF from the web viewer.

I get constant feedback from stakeholders requesting easier ways to share and view the web prototypes. Some less technical viewers are more comfortable with PDFs and I would rather not export files in addition to publishing prototypes every time I make a change.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Company SharePoint site to be used. IT does not allow publish to be used because it uses a public storage site.

Allow IT to configure the publish service to publish links to prototypes only to the company SharePoint site. Allowing IT to control access and protect IP.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Able to remove an artboard from the prototype arrow navigation

I understand how the upload works, but i have a project where it would be nice to decide wich artboard can be accessible using arrows from the prototype.

My prototype start with a Dashboard, on the side menu (main nav), when you click a button, i want to show how the submenu will appear and its conent.

So i decided to make an artboard for the side menu only and wire my button with the submenu artboard and incrustate it in my dashboard artboard. Everything goes smooth and works exactly…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.

17. After reviewing shared prototype it's hard to see it there were any updates made to the file.

It would be nice to have option "notify me on updates" that will let me know whenever the author updates the prototype.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Objective

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

Business Case for Adobe

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

Notes/Thoughts

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)