Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. I created an artboard of 1920 width. but when i preview it shows a black background. Same goes for when I share it in web. But instead there is white background.
    It will be great to eliminate the background. Because it is impacting design decisions. also clients dont understand the concept & ask for recreation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow quickly getting the link of a particular artboard so I don't need to find the exact link in the browser since I have lots of artboards in my big projects and would like not to spend 5 minutes everytime I make a new update of the project.

I often want to guide the client to a specific area of a project and a Copy Link button would be more than welcome. (in the right click context menu)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sharing comment so that the comments I made, can be exported to a different user or can be downloaded.

As a teacher I'm sitting and develop a test for a final exam.
    I have used "XD sharing and develop" to associate comments.

It seems to be excellent, and we have to test it now, before ending the school.

My problem is that this task is created, with my Adobe ID and will therefore only exist as long as I am affiliated.
    My colleagues would like to be able to continue working with the exam even if I am no longer…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be really useful for the prototype owner to be able to choose the type of comment they use on a prototype.

For example:
    Standard Comments - The current comment style used today
    Annotation Comment - These would be used to denote key callouts for stakeholders/developers
    Designer Comment - Personal notes that remind us to make changes to the design after a stakeholder/user review. (only seen by prototype owner/collaborators)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.

13. I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)