Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show resolved comments in all comments view

Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. favicon

Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom in interactive prototype shared link (Share for Review mode)

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

9. Printer-friendly prototypes

The ability to print full pages from the shared prototype screen would be great.

I know you can display the prototype full screen then print, but that compresses the page horizontally and doesn't allow you to view the whole page, just what's currently in the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When in embed mode, enable pressing left/right keys to switch to prev/next artboard

Enable the use of the left/right arrow keys in embedded prototypes in order to give users possibility to scroll artboards. I know it works if all artboards are not wired, but it should work also if these are wired. Like in prototypes or preview. It is not clear why is it excluded from embed mode.

Some prototypes have multiple clickable hotspots so users have to search for them and learn their way through. Giving them possibility to use common arrow keys is a way to get sure they will be able to see all artboards and find their way back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export PDF(s) from Web Prototype

I would like an option to allow viewers of my prototypes and Design Specs to be able to download a PDF from the web viewer.

I get constant feedback from stakeholders requesting easier ways to share and view the web prototypes. Some less technical viewers are more comfortable with PDFs and I would rather not export files in addition to publishing prototypes every time I make a change.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share prototype and specs to groups of people

I'm currently experiencing some trouble to share my prototypes and specs to multiple stakeholders. Now i have to add them one by one.

A feature to share it with a group of people, which I can manage separately, would be nice.

F.ex.
    - share the specs with the 'R&D team' group
    - share the prototype with the 'R&D team' group and the 'Product team' group.

This way, I won't forget anyone and it will speed up sharing a lot in my use case.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assign each person a color when giving feedback

When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Only update selected artboard

Update selected artboard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Record Preview into mp4 including the voice trigger and action sound

When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable "preserve scroll position" with browser scroll

Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable prototype embedded in iframe to still support commenting

Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User-rights management in online prototype (permissions)

Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Publish to SharePoint

Allow Company SharePoint site to be used. IT does not allow publish to be used because it uses a public storage site.

Allow IT to configure the publish service to publish links to prototypes only to the company SharePoint site. Allowing IT to control access and protect IP.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base