Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  27 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

409 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  98 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose which artboards to share (share link to prototype/design spec subset / exclude some artboards when sharing)

Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset as well would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX…

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same URL (multiple owners of a prototype or design spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file

2. Publish prototype

3. Save the .xd file

4. Open the same .xd file on another machine

5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  18 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display artboard titles on the shared web prototype

For better flow and clarity for the clients, to have artboards names visible at the top of every screen in the public views.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A/B Testing option

It is often necessary to publish several versions of the same design for user testing sessions. The idea would be to define artboards basically dynamic in the workflow to export the number of versions (A / B) of the prototype.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Version Control for Shared Prototypes

We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Web Share: Ability to change background color

The preview link works really well, but it would be helpful if the background colour could be set to a custom colour. The default is white, but it would be handy if you could specify black (or any colour) instead. My reason is that when displaying a mobile screen on various mobile devices for testing, i often get small white stripes at the top and bottom due to variations of screen resolution. If i could set the background colour to black, then the gaps at the top and bottom wouldn't be an issues as the black would blend into a…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forward Client Comments in XD

I was wondering if there could be a feature in Experience Design that allows clients' comments made in the online interactive prototypes to be forwarded to my coworkers' email accounts versus to just my adobe CC account. Perhaps there could be a feature that allows me to add coworkers or clients to an XD project via my CC account so that they get notified whenever a comment is made. This would make it easier especially so I don't have to relay any updates on client comments to my co-workers.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability for web viewers to export page as PNG or JPG

Ideally this feature would allow an "export page as PNG" or "export all pages as PNG" function that is available while viewing on the web.

Once a prototype has been shared online, web viewers often need to export full screenshots of specific pages (or all pages). This process currently works fine if the page does not scroll, but does not work if the page is scrollable because part of the page is not visible on the screen.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Control artboard order for shared prototype

I really think it would be much better to control the artboard order in the artboard section of the interface. A published prototype is viewed in the order of how artboards are placed in the workspace and the order goes from left to right and then top to bottom. I think regardless of their position the order should be arrange from the panel just like other adobe programs

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Revert to old link after creating a new link

Hi! I just accidentially created a new link for a project when I intended to update the link. I can not find a way to revert to the old link. This is important in this scenario because we had notes to/from the client in the old link that we now are copy/pasting into the new link, but it would be ideal to simply revert and delete the accidental new link. Thanks for considering this!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Organize shared prototypes and design specs

I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Visitor Statistics / Analytics for shared prototype

Get statistics from shared prototypes to be able to analyse. Clicks, page views, amount of visitors, time spent...

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Record video of user's face while using shared prototype online (webcam)

Just seeing where they click is not enough. We need to know what they feel like as well!!

For user testing

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easily select/copy/paste/export comments

As a designer I want to export all comments so that when I go into a review I can have them as notes to review with the client.

I'll know this is done when I can view all comments by page and easily copy/paste/export them all at once. Think like a comment feed.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Zoom in shared prototype

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base