Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team projects / team cloud storage

I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share groups of shared prototypes

After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link to separate xd documents

Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export PDF(s) from Web Prototype

I would like an option to allow viewers of my prototypes and Design Specs to be able to download a PDF from the web viewer.

I get constant feedback from stakeholders requesting easier ways to share and view the web prototypes. Some less technical viewers are more comfortable with PDFs and I would rather not export files in addition to publishing prototypes every time I make a change.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove mobile preview's dependency on Creative Cloud

*Objective*

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

*Business Case for Adobe*

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

*Notes/Thoughts*

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature "Center screen & hide overflow" - Public prototype

There is a great feature in platform 'Marvel' to publish website prototypes, an option to select: "Center screen & hide overflow - Crops images on either side and keeps them centered in view". This would be great for solving the problems of various browser resolutions.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Parent "folder" containing multiple XD projects

Right now it seems like XD is made for the solo UX/UI designer who mainly does small freelance projects.

For people on design teams in companies, the usability is very lacking.

We are a team of 7 designers, working on multiple projects that sometimes interlink - but right now I share a prototype to the developers & PM, and they have to store that link somewhere.

It'd be great if I could just give them one link say, "Company iPad project", and inside that link are all the things related to iPad - so the individual prototype links are all…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. White Label shared previews

It would be 'nice' to have one company offer a way to present prototypes, etc without a "Made with .." credit.

As paying customers (Creative Cloud) it would be great to have my business logo and name on all outwardly facing Preview material.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard shortcut for updating shared prototype

Right now to update the prototype you've shared, you have to (1) click the share icon, (2) click "Share Again," and (3) click "Update Link." This is such a frequent action (at least until we can do phone mirroring, that it'd be convenient to do it in one keystroke.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share prototype and specs to groups of people

I'm currently experiencing some trouble to share my prototypes and specs to multiple stakeholders. Now i have to add them one by one.

A feature to share it with a group of people, which I can manage separately, would be nice.

F.ex.
    - share the specs with the 'R&D team' group
    - share the prototype with the 'R&D team' group and the 'Product team' group.

This way, I won't forget anyone and it will speed up sharing a lot in my use case.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable "preserve scroll position" with browser scroll

Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow bullets and styling in comment in shared prototype

Sometimes the feedback I receive contain bullet points, but when bullet points are copied and pasted into the comment section the styling drops out. It would be a helpful addition to the prototype feedback feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prototype Footnotes

It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Arrow navigation on the online shared prototype

I created a link, but when I was presenting, I realized that exported version can't be navigated using keyboard-arrows.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was some negative feedback received when we removed the navigation arrows from prototypes, so, this change was reverted and other solutions are being considered.

Joan Lafferty
    Product Manager

17. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Download comments from a prototype

Sharing comment so that the comments I made, can be exported to a different user or can be downloaded.

As a teacher I'm sitting and develop a test for a final exam.
    I have used "XD sharing and develop" to associate comments.

It seems to be excellent, and we have to test it now, before ending the school.

My problem is that this task is created, with my Adobe ID and will therefore only exist as long as I am affiliated.
    My colleagues would like to be able to continue working with the exam even if I am no longer…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Publish to SharePoint

Allow Company SharePoint site to be used. IT does not allow publish to be used because it uses a public storage site.

Allow IT to configure the publish service to publish links to prototypes only to the company SharePoint site. Allowing IT to control access and protect IP.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base