Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I'd like the ability to crop a section of a prototype when recording.

For example, if I want to record a video of clicking through a form, I don't need to show the entire layout — just the relevant section.

This would result in a better visualization tool, as well as smaller video or gif file sizes.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hey good people!

Would be great if we have a new trigger for "click-outside" elements.I know that some ways to hack this feature, but would be so much easier to handle state changes on complex components if we could select a click-outside element trigger.

Thank you, folks! Adobe XD is awesome!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For example one time trigger would play a sound after 0.6 seconds, and another time trigger would move to the next artboard after 2 seconds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I use Speech Playback I would like to show an animated feedback at the same time. For that it should be possible to define for a time trigger the "Speech Playback"-action and the "auto-animate"-action at the same time. Right now I'm not able to combine both. I only can use a tap-trigger but that isn't a reaction of a voice input.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The slide transition (coming soon) with parallax effect looks sweet, but there may be cases where it is not desired, or will not work. I think it would be ideal if the slight parallax effect on slide was an option instead of being applied by default. Thanks!

[added clarification] Customer would prefer it if we had an option for the the background to stay static/not to move during the transition.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. having fixed elements, such a the nav, on page transitions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 18 19