Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview Breaks with multiple screen size heights

I have three iphone 6 screens.

Menu, Home, Content

on the content screen I changed the height to (1,000px) the width on all three are 375px. On preview it breaks and trys to display the entire screen. By deafult I expected to have the screen scroll to show all the contents of that page. I did not expect it to try and show all the content. It took me about 30mins to realize what it was doing. And that I cannot have it scroll. This is not cool, need to be able to show this in all my previews.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the latest version you can scroll “long artboards” … We’ll be continuing to improve this feature add additional scroll related features (e.g. viewport scrolling), but for now I’m going to mark this as complete.

2. Magic move

I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Previous Artboard" links: cannot choose animation, timing, easing

When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scrolling to target art-board when prototyping

When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy and Paste artboards to new document should retain prototype wires

Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trigger with PC keyboard

I would like to use a PC keyboard as a trigger to make prototypes of products using hardware switches.

By using USB devices you can use various switch parts.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/FLINT-%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E4%BD%9C%E3%82%8D%E3%81%86%E3%81%9C%EF%BC%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88/dp/B0785PB468

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scene based Transition

Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.

2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame

3. Draw the object in the artboard

4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame

5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)

6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable hotspots for prototypes

For usability tests, I want to disable/hide the hotspots when you click. The hotspots make the tests too easy for the user.

The main reason I changed to Adobe XD is that I can do everything with just one tool. Now I have to use InVision/Marvel again for the usability tests because I can't disable the hotspots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hotkey for starting/stopping prototype recordings

Having a hotkey to control prototype recordings would clean up cursor activity during the recording. By necessity, the cursor currently has to navigate to and from the top right corner when the video starts and ends, something that detracts from the presentation. A hotkey would remove the need for those extra movements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Go Back One Screen in Prototype Preview

As a user, I want to be able to go back one screen if I am viewing my prototype in preview mode so that I don't get stuck on a screen that I haven't prototyped yet.

Sometimes, I just want to test that all of the buttons on a screen take the user to the screens they are supposed to, but I may want to continuously go back to the previous screen because I may want to test a new path.

Perhaps a keyboard command would be great. You could also make it go back if you click 3 times…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added new features recently to our shared prototype viewer that I think you’ll like. Now, when you view your shared prototype, you should be able to use the navigation buttons (as well as the left/right arrow keys) to be able to shuffle through your artboards in order, even if you have interactions defined. Check it out and let us know what you think!

-Elaine

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base