Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

3. Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to link pin to multiple locations for 1 comment box. Right now if there is multiple pin locations, you have to write the comment multiple times

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preview of 3D virtual machine (including mobile phone and computer)
    360 ° rotation without dead angle (simulating various scenes)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very useful to have this shortcut so that I can select ALL the links of ONLY ONE artboard so that I can easily and rapidly change the presets of the links at same time.

There is the short-cut control + A but my idea is to have a shortcut to select all the links related to one art-board when selecting one art-board (or even any other at same time). As user, I think that it would be logical to get this short-cut and so valuable. It takes too long time to select links of an art-board while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cannot Ctrl Z if chose "Keyboard" option at any point, because the prototype function assumes you want "ctrl z" to be your shortcut for that item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Even if you have a design system running, sometimes you need to work on new features in a prototype. So you need to have mixed some components finished with others unfinished. I would love to work directly on the prototype and, while the "design" of new components are not finished, publish all the prototype on "wireframe or grey mode" to avoid distractions of stakeholders. Probably is easy to render only borders and texts of every objects, keeping all the functionalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. TL;DR: Art boards with transparent fills should continue to overlay the previous art board's underlaying board.

I can think of many use cases that have required a significantly higher number of art boards, assets and hours to accomplish than should be required. The feature I am requesting would address all of these issues in a simple and intuitive way.

Let's say I have art boards A, B, and C.

'A' displays my application, with 100s of assets, text, components, etc.
    'B' displays a modal over the application in state 1, the default state.
    'C' displays state 2 of the modal,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

14. I would like that Adobe XD supports communication between multiple devices. You are able to test not only interactions in individual devices, but also service scenarios featuring interactions among multiple devices by multiple users.

It is very helpful for HMI designers, Automotive industry.
    Currently, I see ProtoPie can do it. But I really wish that Adobe XD can do it too and have much better version than them.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYRYh1dKso
    https://www.protopie.io/solutions/automotive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow to create a hotspot smaller than a shape (eg. part of an image, part of a repeater...) without the need to split the image/repeater or to create an invisible rectangle on top of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I started feeling the miss of a simple "loading animation", like the ubiquitous spinning circle, as a type of Transition between artboards.
    It would be very useful, especially to the developers as they would see and understand where to place a full page refresh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)