Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trigger interactions on key/gamepad button down

Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple actions on keys & gamepad, drag, & voice triggers

The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. interaction connector overlapping

Overlapping of multiple interaction connectors cause difficulty in selecting the arrow of interest (blue arrow in attached img) requiring clicking once on root and again on arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Set speech playback language to link to XD locale

I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The playback is currently linked to the settings in your operating system, so to change to English, you should change your OS setting to English. I’ll leave this open and adjust it to reflect your request of setting the playback language to the setting in XD.

5. View all interactions in the property inspector when an object is selected

Currently (Xd 28) when we select an object that has interactions with different destinations, the property inspector is just blank. We need to select one of the wires to view the interactions.

It would be great to see in the property inspector an overview of all interactions associated with that object when we click on the object itself. Very similar to what we see when we click on a wire that has multiple interactions.

That should help in those moments that I start hunting my wires to understand why I can't use a certain trigger (as it is already in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prefab auto-animate components

It would be nice to have common interact-able elements in a prefab form to select from. For example, top navigation link that displays a color change, or drop down menu on hover.

After you select the prefab you should be able to change typeface, color, shape, etc of all the various element states but it would save a lot of time setting up the auto-animate between all the states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. scroll not working during animation

Page scrolling doesn't currently work during auto-animation playback. Scrollable pages should allow user to scroll while animation is in play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Define multiple strings at once

Make it possible to define multiple Strings by selecting all elements that are supposed to hold those strings. Saves a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Centralize strings to be edited in a single place

It is useful to edit strings collectively, for example if you focus on a board, make a panel, where all strings are listed leading to the focused board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Link stings in Components

When converting an element with strings into a component, the strings attached should be included. It's helpful when you convert a menu bar into a component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable interactions during transition

While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode.

I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More stable and logical actions on components

Component have a lot of bugs when there is multiple instances of them (Example: Open dropdown; roll over; choose the option; validate; close dropdown etc).

The other things is about the rollout effect: When I set up a rollover effect on a specific element or group of elements inside a component, the rollout effect is not on the specific element or group of elements that I selected before for the rollover but on the entire component. It's not logical and realistic effect in the case we have a component with multiple instances inside (Example: Dropdown for filter: I open it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File Upload for prototyping

This would encompass more advanced input and forum tools. For example, during a user-testing session, it would be nice if the prototype could all the user to simulate uploading a file from their desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prototype preview default screen selection for multiple screen

Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable interactions behind other elements

I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need the ability to change interaction labeling by using voice command in XD.

The voice command with programmed speech playback can be of extreme use. I can have it store solutions if I say something like task 253 and it spits out the solution in voice, text, and/or another page or overlay.

Having a search filter for that area would be great too per page.

Please add me to a rewards list somewhere for the idea. : )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/need-the-ability-to-change-interaction-labeling-by-using-voice-command-in-xd/td-p/10792493

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Interaction widget aligned to always be visible (contextual)

When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use "signals" to change states

Add an interaction destination type called a "signal." Select "New Signal" from the interaction destination dropdown and name your signal something like "Uncheck All." Let's say you set this interaction's trigger to be to "Tap" a button.

Then, add another interaction on a separate object and you'll find "Uncheck All" as an option in the Trigger dropdown for the new interaction. Let's say you did this for all your checkbox elements (component instances) on the screen and set their destinations to be the "Unchecked" state.

Now you can have one interaction controlling several elements on the screen!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base