Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I absolutely love the new hoverstates features in Xd. Following this I think it would be very handy if Xd introduced more advanced states like touch feedback for when we design and prototype mobile apps. For example as I type this message the letters on my keyboard pop up and out to show what I am pressing. Same thing goes for my calculator, as I press a number it bolds up. These subtle animations/feedback would do wonders when presenting the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow prototyping wires to connect to artboards in different documents. The web prototype would let users navigate seamlessly between pages that are sourced from multiple documents.

When the designs for an interface are too massive to live in a single document, we break them up so each section is in its own document (ex: a product with ~150 various screens). However, all the docs are still part of a single product, and need to be wired together for a cohesive prototype.

I'd like an option in prototyping mode to connect a wire to another document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why is fullscreen mode scaling the artboard again? It's impossible to demo a website with 1920 canvas to a customer how has a laptop with 1280 resolution. This has suddenly changed at some point and confuses the crap out of clients.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would love to see the ability to place the xd previews as graphics on dimension renders and be able to choose from a list of available artboards to use in the render. This would allow me to create high quality renders of the preview on screen for pitches and also for advertising on the web and in print material for clients.

More critically, I'm hoping that dimension gets the ability to add keyframes and render video, or even just animate between saved camera positions. Having the ability to transition between xd artboards with auto animate in a rendered dimension video…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to fluidly transforma between objects stored as symbols, text, rectangles and elipses when using auto-animate, without converting them to paths

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The introduction of Auto-Animate has introduced some problems. The main two arise from objects' opacity being being set to 0% and the fact that objects need to be placed off the artboard in order to create the effect of them moving into place.

In both of these cases, the objects become invisible and in the case of the latter they either interfere with adjacent artboards or the artboards need to be placed far enough from each other to allow for the elements around them, which creates a mess.

The problem of opacity could easily be tackled by introducing a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi, when I use overlay, the green box doesn't snap to anything so it would be great to make it snap, so the placement can be pixel-precise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adobe+Headquarters/@37.3179093,-121.8738215,14.73z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fcca5b2cb83d7:0xe2d0d2f40784e22!8m2!3d37.3307703!4d-121.8940951

Please click the hamburger menu in the upper left. It creates a sliding menu that slides right. At the same time, a blur effect is added to the rest of the page.

I can't do that in Adobe XD where I can have two different types of transitions occurring at once. (Atleast I haven't figured that out yet)

If I create a sliding menu, I can use an overlay but the background is not blurred. Or I can create an entirely NEW artboard with the menu on it and the background blurred, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you make connections between Screens all of them go through the middle of the screen, they should use, top half to go forward and bottom half to go back. yo you can grab the right arrow to attach to the right place.

I hope this can be a good idea and it work for all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi there,

Thanks for the new feature - password on shared prototype.
    Everything works well, except that I need to generate secured password by myself.

So, kindly add auto generate feature.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be so helpful to be able to move all the connections linked to 1 page and attach them to another 1.

For example: I connected 30 pages to the Home page, but now my Home is another one and I'd like to move all those connections to the new one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)