Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comments icon on Full Screen Mode

You should also have an overlay / transparent icon on full screen mode for prototype reviews, or a notification of comment when reviewers add comments.

Currently, the creator and reviewer not able to see any indicator if the prototype is published on Full Screen Mode. (using Chrome)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-animate : Raising button animation

Greetings Dev,

I hope you guys find this message well.

I am a fan of Material Design and I am android users. Material design have this feature called Raising button/card/ animate. So, hope i can see this feature near future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As a user i want to be able to animate an artboard to the previous artboard.

I can't animate an artboard to the previous artboard and the function is limited to selecting between just one of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prezi design style

Can we have a prezi style of design where we can focus on each wireframe individually from the entire flow, this is separate from the prototype... it simetimes usefule to explain the total screens designed and individually zooming into them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show/Hide links on prototype mode, only selected art-boards to see the links

(i.e if the user wants to explore the links only on selected artboard)

This could be very helpful when I have more than 40-100 artboard at the same time, and on prototype mode would be more easy to identify which artboards are connected to which?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. setting height for header & footer

maybe I'm missing something and it is implemented, but I'd really like to set a height for the header and footer on mobile.

setting a height for the display seems irrelevant.

hopefully this will be added soon, I still have to use Marvel for my prototypes right now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More animations and better prototype recording

I think there is an opportunity for improvement in creating a longer list of more transitions and animations between screens, and hover effects etc in prototype mode. One of my main reasons for recording a prototype in action was to show the footage on my portfolio, but I found that I had to do several takes due to having to get my mouse in order. I think a countdown clock before recording and the ability to edit your 'footage' would also be so so helpful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestions! We’ve had a number of improvements in our October release, and it sounds like you had 4-5 different suggestions in this one ticket. it would really help us out if you could split up the different suggestions into individual tickets so that we could better merge them in with other similar ones.

9. Overrides management

1.1. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?
    1.2. Also Can we have available other symbols of the same family with the same dimensions? (to swap easily between different state buttons for example as shown)
    1.3. Last but not least it would be great if by the same token there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder, which is a bit WTF
    2. As of now it takes too…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Website Mirror

Mirror your website onto the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link back to second last artboard (and third last, etc)

Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get CC notification on comments

It would be great to have a notification in the CC when a comment is made on the prototype. Bonus points for a blip on the same comment when opening prototype!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prototype features

New functions for the prototype mode.

I have had a lot of trouble convincing clients and within the development team how the screens work, which I believe will be solved with some features initially.

• Anchor Point
      Select the object that will start the action and select a target object, that is, you can create animation inside an artboard.

• Add Elements
      When you perform the action on a source object, you can insert a new element in a selected area.

• Change states
      Clicking on the source object can change a color or background image of some other element

• Back
      When we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More interaction options

1. Be able to create different status (normal, hover, click) for web.

2. More options for interaction. Ex. Transaction between elements, or between elements and pages.

3. Be able to create input files and allow viwer to click and input variate like password.

4. It will be greate to create self animate image in the prototype. Event more something like icon animation (ex. spinner, progreess bar...)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one ticket per request, and you have four great ones here. All of them are already in the database and can be upvoted:

Thanks,

-Elaine

16. Some more interactive stuffs

Hi XD Team,

I like the XD app for my mac it's so intuitive.

I'ld like to see and use few stuffs out from my head.

Here is my quick description.

• Fixing one section for e.g., stick the top bar or bottom bar of mobile UI --> scroll the screen to - n - fro.

• Grouping few section like previous point ^

• pop up screens - OS specific

• sliding windows

• adding some music loops with editing options (LoL) exporting as presentation.

• remote connections as in PS - previewing with out connecting through cable

I wish these will complete my design…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Handle large prototypes

I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. awsome for new users! But you should add some more features like some of them in sketch>

While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

19. Prototype Spaghetti

This is not really an idea.. But the strong request to -fix- the prototype view. This is just mind boggling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have all interactive gestures beside click

Allow all of the javascript events besides click. One should be able to be mouseover, mouseout, double click, right click, hover, swipe left/right, swipe up/down, pinch/zoom and touch events to work on desktop and mobile (tablet, smartphone) along with watch and smart tv.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base