Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

• I would like to have the option of selecting how the background behaves when an overlay is being presented. this is important as I feel currently I'm restricted for the most part to 'Dissolve Transition' as it is weird showing the background sliding when included in the overlay artboard itself

• Additionally, combined with timed transitions, one can showcase notifications

• Lastly, the ability to select the option of whether the overlay is pinned on Viewport (current implementation) or Artboard (for dropdowns beyond screen cut-off)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

2. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Full screen should go full screen. InVision App allows a full-screen takeover when viewing a prototype. Why does the content go into a small rectangle centered in the browser with Adobe product notes in the corners? I am designing full screen, the prototype should follow that format. There is no need to see things like the date and time or "Made with Adobe XD." My client doesn't care, they are not designers. The client is my focus.

2. Upon clicking the "Fullscreen" button in the top corner, the screen still has a black background bordering the content. It should snap to…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For usability tests, I want to disable/hide the hotspots when you click. The hotspots make the tests too easy for the user.

The main reason I changed to Adobe XD is that I can do everything with just one tool. Now I have to use InVision/Marvel again for the usability tests because I can't disable the hotspots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to have a active buttons, when a press the button and hold, have a action.
    Example: I have a button when i press, i go to other page, but if I hold button, it's change a color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. While all Links are visible (Cmd+A)

Having an error highlight on a Page(s) if it's not linked to another Page.

Example: It would be a nice way to know if you've forgotten to relink Page A to Page C if you've needed to delete Page B.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. First of all: I LOVE XD! Thanks for this great software!

My issue is, that sharing the prototype on the web is nice, but our customers request to see the prototype on their mobile devices - but not with the online link, because they can't see the complete screen without scrolling and that looks not like an app more than a webpage.

Now the only possibility is to download the xd app, login or register and connect the mobile device with the computer, where the file is open. How can our customer see and test the prototype in the same…

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With the new release of XD, we have made few improvements in the viewing and navigation elements on mobile browsers. Now, you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes on mobile browsers. You can also pinch to minimize the artboard and access the navigation controls.
    Please try out the enhancements and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

13. I would expect the backspace key to remove transitions (in Prototype mode) instead of objects/layers.

Use case: In the Design mode the users adds & removes panels, afterwards he makes the switch from Design to Prototype mode. There his mindset is to create (and remove) transitions. He wants to modify the prototype and add/remove transitions. After selecting a (blue) transition, he presses the backspace key to remove an already existing transition, but as of XD v0.6.1.13 the layer/artboard where the transition originates from disappears.

What the backspace key is in Design mode (to undo one's action = removing an object),…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for scrolling artboards in design mode as well as in the Preview window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I was so excited about the new symbols feature that I made all of my navbars in a design a symbol. This may be one of the most obvious uses of symbols, since every page will almost always have the same navbar. But you can't connect objects inside a symbol. Therefore, you can't connect nav items, icons, logos in a nav bar.

Either allow connects for objects inside symbols, but don't propagate them in all instances, or DO propagate them in all instances. But you HAVE to be able to connect objects inside symbols in prototype mode.

Otherwise, we can…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Having a hotkey to control prototype recordings would clean up cursor activity during the recording. By necessity, the cursor currently has to navigate to and from the top right corner when the video starts and ends, something that detracts from the presentation. A hotkey would remove the need for those extra movements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Its done in the Design Mode but Prototype mode needs the zoom tool too please

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)