Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The slide transition (coming soon) with parallax effect looks sweet, but there may be cases where it is not desired, or will not work. I think it would be ideal if the slight parallax effect on slide was an option instead of being applied by default. Thanks!

[added clarification] Customer would prefer it if we had an option for the the background to stay static/not to move during the transition.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please include a search box in the dropdown so we can find art boards faster in large projects.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to have pre-defined animations in different design languages like material design so when we are previewing the prototype we can also preview the actual animations that will happen for lets say button. it would be great to enable people to develop such animations and share it with others so they can download a "Material Design Animation Kit", further, develop/modify it or just start using it to bring their design to life.
    this will obviously help with more satisfied customers, and developers where they have a common animation design language both beautiful and technologically implementable and standard.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Many app pages open up the same page (such as "Terms of Conditions"), which only contains one return/cancel button to link back to a specific single page.

Currently the only way to deal with this issue is to make an inefficient duplicate of the ToC artboard for every artboard that links to it, and have this specific duplicate's return/cancel button redirect to its corresponding artboard.

This could be solved with an option for "2-way" links that can be linked to a specific button on the destination page. Clicking "cancel/return" on the ToC page would then redirect you depending on the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ...to demonstrate how an interface interacts with text input. Basically would show how a form might be filled out or how search might work

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied artboard, or when clicking with the Artboard tool to add new artboards.

Original request:
    (please vote for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13623243-resize-spacing-between-objects if you're interested in this Repeat-Grid-like dragging idea)
    Apply REPEAT GRID padding adjustment feature to change the padding around a selected group of Art Boards -- Just like REPEAT GRID pink padding adjusters, it would be great to change the spacing of a group of art boards the user has selected, and/or the ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied art board

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Usability bug:
    When I select a single element on a dense page (lots of prototype links) the interface shows me all the link lines. This adds a ton of noise to the page and makes it very difficult for me to find my selected items chevron to make new connection - this is especially difficult or impossible if I zoom out to find the artboard I need. I don't not see any value in displaying all the links in this scenario - please only show all the links when I ask to see all the links (command+a).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Design mode, changes are applied to all nodes. When linking a node in Prototyping mode, I think it's relevant to have the ability to reflect those changes across all nodes as well.

A boolean option when prototyping that either let's you link them individually like it is right now or use the same value for all nodes would be very interesting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it would be handy if you could set triggers in prototype to record pre defined motion paths for the video e.g: A (Home) to B (Next page) back to A.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This might be a little forward thinking, however, I wanted to be the first to post something for VR. It is inevitable. __ Cheers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. yes, i know is a prototype app, but always is good to take a little control of the code, and the posibility to change the form of view, cooment line, place jquery elements, etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)