Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The playback is currently linked to the settings in your operating system, so to change to English, you should change your OS setting to English. I’ll leave this open and adjust it to reflect your request of setting the playback language to the setting in XD.

13. Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we get rid of or have the option to disable the scroll bar on desktop preview for mobile app designs, it blocks some design and ruins the prototype experience.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 18 19