Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use keyboard trigger in device preview

I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interaction widget aligned to always be visible (contextual)

When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Hide Specific Screens from Prototype View

Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use "signals" to change states

Add an interaction destination type called a "signal." Select "New Signal" from the interaction destination dropdown and name your signal something like "Uncheck All." Let's say you set this interaction's trigger to be to "Tap" a button.

Then, add another interaction on a separate object and you'll find "Uncheck All" as an option in the Trigger dropdown for the new interaction. Let's say you did this for all your checkbox elements (component instances) on the screen and set their destinations to be the "Unchecked" state.

Now you can have one interaction controlling several elements on the screen!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preview in device chrome

My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Run custom code during prototype viewing

Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Device chrome around exported video

After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for XBox 360 Controllers

Add support for XBox 360 as a controller that can be used with Keys & Gamepad.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Overlay artboard background should be visible

Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill color,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable Get Embed Code option (text link) in XD when Prototype Contains Voice Playback

Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable circular mouse pointer for Windows users on Preview record

Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple voice commands

The option to have multiple voice commands for a single artboard with the option to be able to use the voice commands without using the space bar or tap hold

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple rotations in animation

For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Links that scroll under a layer should not be clickable

Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sceenshots in presentation mode, with device frames (Mobile, Laptop, Desktop)

Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple overlay support

I would like if I could overlay multiple artboards on one artboard. for example. on the prototype I'm working on, tapping on the search icon is suppose to overlay a search text box, which is one artboard and is to slide left at the top. but I would also wish to overlay another artboard for the keyboard which is to side up from the bottom.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scroll online prototype by click and drag

In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Continuous Drag with Increments

This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base