Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Animations don't work with image:
    First work good if image are in rectangle shape
    Second don't work duration of animation if i change in Photoshop image

I want same effect like first example

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When converting an element with strings into a component, the strings attached should be included. It's helpful when you convert a menu bar into a component.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Example: I have a tap trigger, auto-animating to the next screen when tapping the entire screen. The more work I do, I realize I want to keep that effect but move it to a button instead of the entire screen being the trigger.

It would be great if I could move that wire from the entire initial artboard to a button element or maybe copy the wire, delete it, paste it onto the button. As of now I have to delete it, redraw it, remember what timing/easing I used originally and re-create.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

8. When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No idea just some positive feedback. Loving the November states feature :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I just wanted to suggest that XD should provide transitions and animations just like the PROTOPIE does. There are few things that cannot be done in XD easily this is where protopie come in. Kindly provide features like PROTOPIE ! Thanks!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is too vague of a suggestion. Can you give us examples of individual features you’re missing from ProtoPie that you’d like to see in XD? If you file them here as individual requests (one ticket per request), it’ll be easier for us to merge with other similar requests. Thanks!

11. I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yo bring back copy pasting interaction links. Links inside of symbols, or copy pasting from one doc to another. Just bring those m-f back. This new update messed that up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I've had this idea for prototypes and things and thought of the switches. But when you leave that artboard and go back it's back to where it originally was. So what if there was an action for replacing an artboard so that once something links to that artboard it'll go the the artboard that replaced it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prototype transitions are limited to 0.1 second intervals when they should be able to be 2 decimal places like 0.15 seconds. This allows for more flexibility, especially for short, quick animations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be extremely helpful to be able to share a voice prototype externally for testing using the Adobe XD app. Currently, when you share a prototype link, it automatically opens in a mobile browser which isn't ideal for testing an app experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It's not even about artboards being the same size. It works with different size artboards also. Why it doesn't work sometimes seems arbitrary

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)