Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. Since you already started with scrollable area inside artboard, it would be awesome if we could define sticky header. For example, one page website has a lot of content, but I want to create sticky header so when I scroll down, it stays at the top. Maybe you could add the option so we can define the group and assign the sticky header option to it. That way on any artboard we can just assign that option to it and that's it.

5,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fixed elements are finally here!! We’re incredibly excited to announce that you can select any top-level element in your artboard and click “Fixed Position” to fix your element anywhere in the viewport.

To learn more about this feature, watch the video here: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

Please do continue to file and upvote issues in UserVoice – your voice really does make a difference!

-Elaine

2. 6,546 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. First of all: I LOVE XD! Thanks for this great software!

My issue is, that sharing the prototype on the web is nice, but our customers request to see the prototype on their mobile devices - but not with the online link, because they can't see the complete screen without scrolling and that looks not like an app more than a webpage.

Now the only possibility is to download the xd app, login or register and connect the mobile device with the computer, where the file is open. How can our customer see and test the prototype in the same…

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With the new release of XD, we have made few improvements in the viewing and navigation elements on mobile browsers. Now, you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes on mobile browsers. You can also pinch to minimize the artboard and access the navigation controls.
    Please try out the enhancements and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

4. I was so excited about the new symbols feature that I made all of my navbars in a design a symbol. This may be one of the most obvious uses of symbols, since every page will almost always have the same navbar. But you can't connect objects inside a symbol. Therefore, you can't connect nav items, icons, logos in a nav bar.

Either allow connects for objects inside symbols, but don't propagate them in all instances, or DO propagate them in all instances. But you HAVE to be able to connect objects inside symbols in prototype mode.

Otherwise, we can…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The anchor link that target the specific part of the page. This is the significant user experience on web usability where user can "back to top" or can navigate (i.e. from menu bar) to the specific sessions without the need to scroll through entire pages.

3,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2,235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re so excited to announce that overlays are now available in our June release! With this feature, you can set any artboard as the overlay target of another artboard and visually place it in the right place in the viewport. Please do let us know what improvements you’d like to see in this feature as individual tickets in UserVoice – we’re listening!

To learn more about overlays: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

-Elaine

7. Support for scrolling artboards in design mode as well as in the Preview window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable timed transition, something triggered by timing and not by user interactions (e.g. a notification from a server or a splash screen going away in a couple of seconds).

545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use timed transitions in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

12. Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the launch of the Padding feature in XD 26, you can add padding to a group. This controls the background of the group, or if it has no background it adds safe-space to the object.

That safe-space translates over as a hotspot in prototype mode, enabling you to interact with areas that are larger than the visible shape.

Learn more about the new padding feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html

15. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

16. While all Links are visible (Cmd+A)

Having an error highlight on a Page(s) if it's not linked to another Page.

Example: It would be a nice way to know if you've forgotten to relink Page A to Page C if you've needed to delete Page B.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to have a active buttons, when a press the button and hold, have a action.
    Example: I have a button when i press, i go to other page, but if I hold button, it's change a color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Its done in the Design Mode but Prototype mode needs the zoom tool too please

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)