Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to capture mic audio in record mode

I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transition: None

Would like to have an option for NO transition effect. Dissolve transition effect looks awkward when just wanting to toggle between buttons in playing the prototype.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select & edit multiple interaction links/wires at once

In Protoype mode, be able to select multiple links and edit them as a batch

multi-select

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link to previous page

An option to link an element or page to the previous page.
    For example a 'back' button should link to the last visited page.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support game controller navigation

There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scrollable pages in prototype full screen preview

Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard interaction to trigger transitions

I'd love to see the ability to transition between artboards by using the keyboard.

For the UI, I'd place a keyboard icon just below the "set as home" icon. When you click it, you can see a list of current key transitions and a button to add a new one. When you click the new button, you have a box to enter the key to bind and then an arrow to link the artboard the key will transition to.

It would be important to include the ability to link keys such as the arrow keys, space bar, escape key, etc.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Printing

Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hotkey for starting/stopping prototype recordings

Having a hotkey to control prototype recordings would clean up cursor activity during the recording. By necessity, the cursor currently has to navigate to and from the top right corner when the video starts and ends, something that detracts from the presentation. A hotkey would remove the need for those extra movements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Go Back One Screen in Prototype Preview

As a user, I want to be able to go back one screen if I am viewing my prototype in preview mode so that I don't get stuck on a screen that I haven't prototyped yet.

Sometimes, I just want to test that all of the buttons on a screen take the user to the screens they are supposed to, but I may want to continuously go back to the previous screen because I may want to test a new path.

Perhaps a keyboard command would be great. You could also make it go back if you click 3 times…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added new features recently to our shared prototype viewer that I think you’ll like. Now, when you view your shared prototype, you should be able to use the navigation buttons (as well as the left/right arrow keys) to be able to shuffle through your artboards in order, even if you have interactions defined. Check it out and let us know what you think!

-Elaine

11. Advanced Overlay Option (background Treatment)

• I would like to have the option of selecting how the background behaves when an overlay is being presented. this is important as I feel currently I'm restricted for the most part to 'Dissolve Transition' as it is weird showing the background sliding when included in the overlay artboard itself

• Additionally, combined with timed transitions, one can showcase notifications

• Lastly, the ability to select the option of whether the overlay is pinned on Viewport (current implementation) or Artboard (for dropdowns beyond screen cut-off)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trigger with PC keyboard

I would like to use a PC keyboard as a trigger to make prototypes of products using hardware switches.

By using USB devices you can use various switch parts.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/FLINT-%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E4%BD%9C%E3%82%8D%E3%81%86%E3%81%9C%EF%BC%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88/dp/B0785PB468

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prototype 'Transition Options' in property inspector instead of in a popup

The current UI for transitions is clunky and flows awkwardly. Every time I try to link to something lower on the page, the pop-up box appears below the 'fold'/screen and I have to move the artboard into view and re-click on the 'from' element to get the pop-up to appear. You've already trained the users to use the side-panel (right) to change elements in the design view, I think it makes sense to place the transitions in the same spot. It would greatly simplify the flow, as well as returning to edit transitions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scene based Transition

Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.

2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame

3. Draw the object in the artboard

4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame

5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)

6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide Fixed Position on Prototype mode

It make more sense if Fixed Position on Prototype mode instead of Design which designer tend to arrange the "move" and flow there

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Magic move

I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable hotspots for prototypes

For usability tests, I want to disable/hide the hotspots when you click. The hotspots make the tests too easy for the user.

The main reason I changed to Adobe XD is that I can do everything with just one tool. Now I have to use InVision/Marvel again for the usability tests because I can't disable the hotspots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch.

Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. XD Protoype that can be used for testing

It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Previous Artboard" links: cannot choose animation, timing, easing

When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base