Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable timed transitions (not triggered by user interactions)

Enable timed transition, something triggered by timing and not by user interactions (e.g. a notification from a server or a splash screen going away in a couple of seconds).

545 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

109 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use timed transitions in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

2. Auto-scroll when wiring

Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintain page scroll position when moving between screens

When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the launch of the Padding feature in XD 26, you can add padding to a group. This controls the background of the group, or if it has no background it adds safe-space to the object.

That safe-space translates over as a hotspot in prototype mode, enabling you to interact with areas that are larger than the visible shape.

Learn more about the new padding feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html

5. Copy-Paste should preserve interaction wires/links

Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

6. Flag any unlinked artboard

While all Links are visible (Cmd+A)

Having an error highlight on a Page(s) if it's not linked to another Page.

Example: It would be a nice way to know if you've forgotten to relink Page A to Page C if you've needed to delete Page B.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple sharing links for different subsets of same file

I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support sound/audio

What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Define different interactions for the same element

Need to have a active buttons, when a press the button and hold, have a action.
    Example: I have a button when i press, i go to other page, but if I hold button, it's change a color.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Zoom tool in Prototype Mode

Its done in the Design Mode but Prototype mode needs the zoom tool too please

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to capture mic audio in record mode

I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Prototype mode: Backspace should delete wire

I would expect the backspace key to remove transitions (in Prototype mode) instead of objects/layers.

Use case: In the Design mode the users adds & removes panels, afterwards he makes the switch from Design to Prototype mode. There his mindset is to create (and remove) transitions. He wants to modify the prototype and add/remove transitions. After selecting a (blue) transition, he presses the backspace key to remove an already existing transition, but as of XD v0.6.1.13 the layer/artboard where the transition originates from disappears.

What the backspace key is in Design mode (to undo one's action = removing an object),…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transition: None

Would like to have an option for NO transition effect. Dissolve transition effect looks awkward when just wanting to toggle between buttons in playing the prototype.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Select & edit multiple interaction links/wires at once

In Protoype mode, be able to select multiple links and edit them as a batch

multi-select

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link to previous page

An option to link an element or page to the previous page.
    For example a 'back' button should link to the last visited page.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support game controller navigation

There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scrollable pages in prototype full screen preview

Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Disable hotspot hinting & show "link" mouse cursor in places that don't link to anything

In usability studies we need a way to drop fake hotspots that do not have to be linked, the reason that we need this is so that the user can click around more and hover over things to help the prototype not lead the user into clicking the item that we've enabled.

If we could just drawing a hotspot and linking it on every single page of a flow is not idea and just being able to draw a hotspot and link it to nothing while activating the mouse hand to still go to a pointer will help our studies…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We added a way for you to turn hotspots off on the web prototypes. You can now add “?hints=off” to your URL and no hotspots will show.

In the future, we’ll add this option to the Share Online dialog, but, for now, you can just add the additional parameter to your URL.

This request also includes some users who want us to turn off hand cursor changes. We did not do this when hotspots are off because we are unsure if this is really what people want. If your use case includes one where you want cursor changes off, please vote on this issue and make a comment:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19766590-turn-off-cursor-changes-when-hotspots-are-off

Let us understand your use case a bit better. Thanks!

19. Keyboard interaction to trigger transitions

I'd love to see the ability to transition between artboards by using the keyboard.

For the UI, I'd place a keyboard icon just below the "set as home" icon. When you click it, you can see a list of current key transitions and a button to add a new one. When you click the new button, you have a box to enter the key to bind and then an arrow to link the artboard the key will transition to.

It would be important to include the ability to link keys such as the arrow keys, space bar, escape key, etc.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Printing

Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base