Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When we try to create and interaction between artboards, it would be great if the names of the artboards appear in alphabetical order on the list in the interaction popup window.

In addition, it would be great if we could type the name of the artboard and automatically find the chosen one (like in search engines).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would love to be able to navigate a voice prototype WITHOUT having to long press the screen. Having to interact with the screen in order to use voice defeats the purpose of voice prototyping.

I understand there may be privacy concerns, but perhaps there's an option where you can have voice "turned on" at the prototype level. Meaning as soon as you navigate to the prototype and open it, Adobe confirms that this prototype uses voice and that you as a user consent to the mic being turned on as long as particular prototype is open on the phone. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to define for overlays that they are open by default when I get to a page. That would enable me to close and reopen the overlay again without having to build another full page with the overlay in it (and I could use the overlay-specific animations rather than having to switch to a completely new page). The use case is a menu that stays open by default, but can be closed if the user wants to. If this is already possible, please let me know how, thx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you click on the desktop preview, dim the background if it's on the same monitor your Artboards are on. I constantly have to scroll the artboards off screen to be able to demo the preview for someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use (or have the option to use) a mouse-down (or touch-down) input to trigger changes instead of a full click (down+up).

When doing usability testing it's possible a user might try to click and drag something. Unnecessary confusion may result when the system doesn't respond at all (because a full click is necessary to trigger a change). If we could respond to the initial -press- or mouse-down we could provide an immediate response at the time the gesture begins, mitigating confusion.

Of course drag-and-drop would be super ideal, but the ability to respond to a press response would allow us…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The method to set a Playback action appears quite complicated for many of my course attendees to grasp (setting the Artboard handle as a Timed animation with a Speech action) and definitely too difficult to discover. It even gets worse when they try to understand why to drag the handle from destination to source (as indicated in many Help files). Why not tell users to simply click the stub to invoke the heads-up display and get that initial confusion out of the way ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8,057 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If you create an artboard and make responsive versions it would be a useful feature when you could connect the different screen sizes of that artboard (desktop, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, mobile) and than show buttons in the preview window to switch between this screen sizes.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. At present, the list of Destinations within the prototype settings popup (see attached) is shown arbitrarily, seemingly having no sort order at all. For a document with more than a few Artboards, this makes trying to find the one you want really hard.

The expected behaviour from my perspective is that the list of Destinations just follows the existing ordering of Artboards in the Layers panel. This way, a designer can order things as they like and then see the same order shown there.

This is using Adobe XD 13.0.12.14 (latest version at time of writing).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The new incrustation mode is very useless but it's too bad not to be able to change the overlay screen. For example when we want to make a menu with interactions within the menu to navigate we can't use this mode because we can't change the overlayed screen.

You can see my idea in the attachment.

Good luck and congratulation for the previous update !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be amazing if we could have the ability to insert a "placeholder" box which allows the input of HTML/CSS code to create an interactive element. For example; Drop down fields, accordions etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)