Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I request that component states could be controlled by keys and gamepad, not only tap. Today you can control the component states by using tap, but not with keys and gamepad. This is not good if you are prototyping for console games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Component states allows for fewer screens and I use them all the time. However it would be amazing if I could change the state with voice commands for use in voice controlled and AR apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If a component has multiple elements, the triggered hover state of child A seems to remain active until the mouse is removed from the scope of the entire component (its boundary), not just from that child.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the ability to add multiple interactions on a single element in the most recent version of XD. You can select an object and select the + button on the wire or in the prototype mode property inspector to add an interaction!

9. I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

10. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

11. Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stroke dash and gap values can now be animated as of today’s release! If you don’t see the update immediately, you can go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, select Updates, the … button in the upper right, and “Check for updates.”

12. An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in Adobe XD. If you copy the selected artboards while in the Prototype mode, when you paste them, their wires and defined interactions will be retained. If you copy and paste while in Design mode, then the wires and interactions are not retained.

15. Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Full screen should go full screen. InVision App allows a full-screen takeover when viewing a prototype. Why does the content go into a small rectangle centered in the browser with Adobe product notes in the corners? I am designing full screen, the prototype should follow that format. There is no need to see things like the date and time or "Made with Adobe XD." My client doesn't care, they are not designers. The client is my focus.

2. Upon clicking the "Fullscreen" button in the top corner, the screen still has a black background bordering the content. It should snap to…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

8,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5,142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4