Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In order to work and review the overall faster, I need an option to click on on the view menu that allows me to see all the links without having to click on all the artboards.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation
    • Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If you create an artboard and make responsive versions it would be a useful feature when you could connect the different screen sizes of that artboard (desktop, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, mobile) and than show buttons in the preview window to switch between this screen sizes.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be amazing if we could have the ability to insert a "placeholder" box which allows the input of HTML/CSS code to create an interactive element. For example; Drop down fields, accordions etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!

12. Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When in 'Prototype mode > 'Preview', it would be really nice to show (or indicate) on the top where now is a line of text, which artboard you're at while tapping and clicking between the flow.

When you work with multiple artboards and you suddenly you find say typo or false interaction, it's really difficult to go back to that specific artboard after you've left the Preview mode.

I know you can do this...

Cheers and thanks!

Namroud

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd like to be able to prototype a functional slider. I can currently achieve this effect my duplicating the entire artboard and switching out the slide content, but the load time when clicking through the slider is incredibly slow, and can be off-putting to clients. Also, utilizing this method means that if the design is altered even minutely, I have to delete all the duplicated artboards, then duplicate the main artboard again, replace the slide contents, and prototype it all again as well. It can be incredibly time consuming. I've attached a screenshot of a recent one-page website that had…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I just want to say that the hover state is quite laggy, if I have a sidebar navigation with each item having a hover state - it lags quite a lot to show the hover states.

Currently we are removing all hover states, but it will be great to get these as speedy as if it were coded in a web CSS prototype.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)