Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill color,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I suggest adding an interactive tool in the prototype area so that you could click a box and set it to ‘tap’ and ‘textbox’ so when your using whatever it is you’ve made you can click the box and type something in. It could be anything though and not just a command word that you have decided on. You could add the same function for voice activated objects. This would then create new input and perhaps change graphs or numbers you have put in. It could be like Instagram where you have the option to access photos from your personal…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you have an existing shared project and you go to "Share Again", because you need to update the link, the new link is directly under the "Share Again" button, so I have accidentally clicked "New Link" when I only wanted to do an update.

This mistake means I have to contact the entire Executive and Sales levels associated with the source project, to let them know about the new link they now have to distribute to all of the Clients / Prospects / Partners. This also means update PowerPoints that have the link embedded with them, etc... It's a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prototyping Links without wires for key functions like Home button.
    That said when you want to link number of pages that have a consistent home buttion back to your Home page the number of wires gets messy. We need to be able to get the links dialog without necessarily haveing to deal with wires. Or wires dialog could have an option to turn specific interaction wires on/ff

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to see an option in Prototype mode where i can choose to animate text a little easier. There will be new options where you can choose which text animation you want and also which interval time that should be used

The text animations i'd like to see in that dropdown menu are:

• As whole (default)
      This is how it is now.

• Per paragraph
      Animate the text by paragraph.

• Per line
      Animate the text by line.

• Per word
      Animate the text by word.

• Per letter
      Animate the text by letter.

For each option could be considered to have an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We can add anchor points to our screen to easily move to certain points. But when we have a very long scroll section, like a drop-down menu with around 200 options, it is very difficult to keep scrolling throughout the options.

If we can make options inside a scroll group which is already in a component into anchor points then we easily can access the options.

Now, for example, I was developing a dropdown menu to select your country. But it has around 200 options. I Sorted them in alphabetical order and added a new horizontal line with A -…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think there are similar requests in history but with the new release that includes Flows, it would be extremely convenient to have a nice flow switcher in the Preview window. We are unable to use shared content and have to use Preview for testing and presentations. It would be great to smooth that out with a simple flow switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 18 19