Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?