Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill color,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto animate should have the option to preserve the same scroll position or not (like transitions). As it is now is very limited in terms of prototyping scrolling pages or pages with different height.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The quality of @x1 images when previewed on iPhone or web is very poor when the image is long, e.g. a screengrab of a long web page.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like if I could overlay multiple artboards on one artboard. for example. on the prototype I'm working on, tapping on the search icon is suppose to overlay a search text box, which is one artboard and is to slide left at the top. but I would also wish to overlay another artboard for the keyboard which is to side up from the bottom.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)