Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I absolutely love the new hoverstates features in Xd. Following this I think it would be very handy if Xd introduced more advanced states like touch feedback for when we design and prototype mobile apps. For example as I type this message the letters on my keyboard pop up and out to show what I am pressing. Same thing goes for my calculator, as I press a number it bolds up. These subtle animations/feedback would do wonders when presenting the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to have common interact-able elements in a prefab form to select from. For example, top navigation link that displays a color change, or drop down menu on hover.

After you select the prefab you should be able to change typeface, color, shape, etc of all the various element states but it would save a lot of time setting up the auto-animate between all the states.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Page scrolling doesn't currently work during auto-animation playback. Scrollable pages should allow user to scroll while animation is in play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is useful to edit strings collectively, for example if you focus on a board, make a panel, where all strings are listed leading to the focused board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WHY mobile landscape in Preview have space at top and bottom with black color, its ugly, this gape/space can only be gone if height is 550 or more, height under 550 have this space which make whole prototype look very ugly to show some one. in the screenshot attached The W is 736 and the H is 414 Landscape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?