Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set speech playback language to link to XD locale

I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The playback is currently linked to the settings in your operating system, so to change to English, you should change your OS setting to English. I’ll leave this open and adjust it to reflect your request of setting the playback language to the setting in XD.

2. Component Master Create a Variation with same structure e.g Active Buttons, Alert Button

Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display shared prototype in device chrome

Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

334 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-animate support for shadows

When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-animate between artboard sizes

If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to Hide Specific Screens from Prototype View

Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Higher Prototype Recording Resolution Oprions

In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interaction on a component inside already active interaction on another component

Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Zoom in/out while dragging wire

Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prototype preview default screen selection for multiple screen

Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable interactions behind other elements

I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. States be retained across canvases, and retained as children

Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Very low-fidelity wireframe kits and components

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,739 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  38 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View all interactions in the property inspector when an object is selected

Currently (Xd 28) when we select an object that has interactions with different destinations, the property inspector is just blank. We need to select one of the wires to view the interactions.

It would be great to see in the property inspector an overview of all interactions associated with that object when we click on the object itself. Very similar to what we see when we click on a wire that has multiple interactions.

That should help in those moments that I start hunting my wires to understand why I can't use a certain trigger (as it is already in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. File Upload for prototyping

This would encompass more advanced input and forum tools. For example, during a user-testing session, it would be nice if the prototype could all the user to simulate uploading a file from their desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Touch states for mobile app designs

I absolutely love the new hoverstates features in Xd. Following this I think it would be very handy if Xd introduced more advanced states like touch feedback for when we design and prototype mobile apps. For example as I type this message the letters on my keyboard pop up and out to show what I am pressing. Same thing goes for my calculator, as I press a number it bolds up. These subtle animations/feedback would do wonders when presenting the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prefab auto-animate components

It would be nice to have common interact-able elements in a prefab form to select from. For example, top navigation link that displays a color change, or drop down menu on hover.

After you select the prefab you should be able to change typeface, color, shape, etc of all the various element states but it would save a lot of time setting up the auto-animate between all the states.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable arrow key navigation in desktop preview

Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Windows] Remove scroll bar in Windows desktop preview

Can we get rid of or have the option to disable the scroll bar on desktop preview for mobile app designs, it blocks some design and ruins the prototype experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base