Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like that Adobe XD supports communication between multiple devices. You are able to test not only interactions in individual devices, but also service scenarios featuring interactions among multiple devices by multiple users.

It is very helpful for HMI designers, Automotive industry.
    Currently, I see ProtoPie can do it. But I really wish that Adobe XD can do it too and have much better version than them.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYRYh1dKso
    https://www.protopie.io/solutions/automotive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow to create a hotspot smaller than a shape (eg. part of an image, part of a repeater...) without the need to split the image/repeater or to create an invisible rectangle on top of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I started feeling the miss of a simple "loading animation", like the ubiquitous spinning circle, as a type of Transition between artboards.
    It would be very useful, especially to the developers as they would see and understand where to place a full page refresh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Instead of having a fixed set of delayed times for a time trigger allow a designer to enter any time value in seconds.

The maximum trigger time of 1 second is not sufficient and as the feature currently exists it is unnecessarily limited.

If a maximum time must me added (I'm not sure that it does) it could be 60 seconds for more flexibility.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated the title to reflect your request. Please note that the current maximum is actually 5s, and you can type the number directly into the interaction popup.

16. Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)