Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hotspot hints in Preview

When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button press and hold

Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Library of UI animations for prototype mode

It would be great to have pre-defined animations in different design languages like material design so when we are previewing the prototype we can also preview the actual animations that will happen for lets say button. it would be great to enable people to develop such animations and share it with others so they can download a "Material Design Animation Kit", further, develop/modify it or just start using it to bring their design to life.
    this will obviously help with more satisfied customers, and developers where they have a common animation design language both beautiful and technologically implementable and standard.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using information bubbles on prototype

I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Transition Setting or Global Application of Transition Effect

As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Transitions within the objects footprint

Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Form element validation

It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-navigation

Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Responsive preview: automatically display artboard of correct size

Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Single shortcut to display Preview in full screen

As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Go to Current Artboard while in Preview Mode

When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assign artboard to a device for preview

It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share prototypes by mail, server or Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc

We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pinch gestures to zoom on mobile preview

Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create hotkeys/shortcuts to jump to specific artboard in Prototype / Preview navigation (custom keyboard interactions)

When in Prototype Mode, I need a way to quickly move between multiple screens.

A set of keystrokes that I assigned as short cuts to go to a screen:
    - CTRL + 1 = Home Page
    - CTRL + 2 = Sign Up
    etc

This same model can then be used to jump between screens in the Preview mode.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to define wire color

Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD Apple TV / OTT Testing app

Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sort/Group Artboards in interaction/wire popup's Target Artboard list

It would be great to be able to sort and maybe group artboards. I think it would make it easier to select the target artboard in prototyping mode if you were able to sort them, alphabetically or even group multiple artboards so that you wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of artboards just to find the one you would like to target. It would be really usefully especially when your XD project contains 60 or even 100 artboards. Imagine scrolling through a list of 100 artboards that isn't sorted?

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base