Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When in 'Prototype mode > 'Preview', it would be really nice to show (or indicate) on the top where now is a line of text, which artboard you're at while tapping and clicking between the flow.

When you work with multiple artboards and you suddenly you find say typo or false interaction, it's really difficult to go back to that specific artboard after you've left the Preview mode.

I know you can do this...

Cheers and thanks!

Namroud

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Prototyping Links without wires for key functions like Home button.
    That said when you want to link number of pages that have a consistent home buttion back to your Home page the number of wires gets messy. We need to be able to get the links dialog without necessarily haveing to deal with wires. Or wires dialog could have an option to turn specific interaction wires on/ff

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ...to demonstrate how an interface interacts with text input. Basically would show how a form might be filled out or how search might work

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to have pre-defined animations in different design languages like material design so when we are previewing the prototype we can also preview the actual animations that will happen for lets say button. it would be great to enable people to develop such animations and share it with others so they can download a "Material Design Animation Kit", further, develop/modify it or just start using it to bring their design to life.
    this will obviously help with more satisfied customers, and developers where they have a common animation design language both beautiful and technologically implementable and standard.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)