Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be so helpful to be able to move all the connections linked to 1 page and attach them to another 1.

For example: I connected 30 pages to the Home page, but now my Home is another one and I'd like to move all those connections to the new one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In a document with a large number of artboards it would be great to have some functionality for clearing up the clutter:

1: Select a number of artboards.
    2: Choose View, «Show Only Links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only outgoing links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only incomming Links of selected artboards»

Thanks.

on

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

1,218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

1,197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you have an existing shared project and you go to "Share Again", because you need to update the link, the new link is directly under the "Share Again" button, so I have accidentally clicked "New Link" when I only wanted to do an update.

This mistake means I have to contact the entire Executive and Sales levels associated with the source project, to let them know about the new link they now have to distribute to all of the Clients / Prospects / Partners. This also means update PowerPoints that have the link embedded with them, etc... It's a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

1,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. To solve the problem to connect by a USB cable on W10, it would be great to enable to preview the prototype by scanning a QR code like it was possible with Pixate Studio. This was a real big asset of Pixate, very helpful, and I think it’d make XD even better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to link back to the same artboard, rather than creating a duplicate simply to show the way the logic works in the prototype. Although the Symbols feature does work as a workaround, for data-entry type projects, not having a link back to the current artboard is a problem.

For instance, I have an artboard for an event, and I need to add child, adult and senior retail tickets to the event. Currently I have to have two artboards for retail item data entry so that I can have the logic in place to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is no hotspot for giving a hint that an artboard is scrollable.

We got it for buttons when clicking outside an clickable area. But there is not hints for scrollable artboards.

It is easy to forget to look for that feature and it makes the end user to miss out of content.

Posted a video of showing the problem. There could be an hint that there is more content to view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The 'design preview' window is set to always be the topmost / frontmost window when running XD. This is a problem because it deviates from standard window behavior on a mac.

If a program has multiple windows that I can minimize or dismiss, then I should be able to bring any window to the forefront by simply selecting it. All other windows should then automatically stay open but appear behind the topmost window.

I just want XD to follow standard practice on the mac. I'm very comfortable switching between windows using cmd+~ or using the 'window' menu in the toolbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tab between Target, Transision, Ease Out, Duration

More keyboard commands, less pain in mouse hand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nice work so far guys.

It would be GREAT to be to be able to choose how each element on a page will transition regardless of where they link - or if they link anywhere.

So, for example, my sidebar dissolves, but my centre content slides off left, meanwhile my footer pushes down off the page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!

18. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

606 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)