Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Hi, when I use overlay, the green box doesn't snap to anything so it would be great to make it snap, so the placement can be pixel-precise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I create projects for commercial web applications and I try and prototype many function points. This can lead to hundreds of links and cross-links. I would like to be able to

2) Look at the prototype links in a more text based format so I can search and replace links, bulk add links through a text editor.

OLD

1) Set a core/common link for a symbol or element so when I copy it to other pages, it keeps the link. For example, copying the "home" element to another dashboard should keep the link back to the home page.

A single,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m updating this to focus on the text management of links. In the future, please do file individual ideas in separate tickets so that we can better merge them with other ideas!

5. If you go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adobe+Headquarters/@37.3179093,-121.8738215,14.73z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fcca5b2cb83d7:0xe2d0d2f40784e22!8m2!3d37.3307703!4d-121.8940951

Please click the hamburger menu in the upper left. It creates a sliding menu that slides right. At the same time, a blur effect is added to the rest of the page.

I can't do that in Adobe XD where I can have two different types of transitions occurring at once. (Atleast I haven't figured that out yet)

If I create a sliding menu, I can use an overlay but the background is not blurred. Or I can create an entirely NEW artboard with the menu on it and the background blurred, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Instead of having to create the same hotspot multiple times (back buttons, navigation menu etc) could we have a feature where you can save the hotspots you've already created and be able to reuse them across multiple screens (similar to invision's hotspot prototyping feature)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you make connections between Screens all of them go through the middle of the screen, they should use, top half to go forward and bottom half to go back. yo you can grab the right arrow to attach to the right place.

I hope this can be a good idea and it work for all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the ability for prototype wires to go underneath the artboards.

This feature would be would be already made wires, any wire that you are live-editing would be above artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When creating designs that include fixed elements, you have to place certain layers over other content (like an Apple App store-style tabbed footer menu for example), in order to get it to display in the correct place when previewing. However this makes for a frustrating experience when designing other elements which must sit beneath the fixed content. You have to toggle the fixed element's visibility in the layers panel, then toggle it back on to see it when previewing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

3,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When creating hamburger menus on mobile I would like an option to go back to previous slide once closing it and keeping the art-boards previous location. The new feature of preserving scroll is a step in the right direction. But doesn't help with this problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

2,872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

2,720 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create visually a way to show which items that was put in the batch. It will be easy if the user want to know if the same item was included twice through the artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)