Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why is fullscreen mode scaling the artboard again? It's impossible to demo a website with 1920 canvas to a customer how has a laptop with 1280 resolution. This has suddenly changed at some point and confuses the crap out of clients.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To create modal dialogs for desktop prototypes, overlays should not be dismissed when clicking outside the overlay area.
    Modal dialogs, unlike menus or tooltips, need a specific user dismissal event and it would be nice to have an option to choose how to dismiss the overlay.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this by setting a transparent rectangle in the background of your overlay. I’ll leave this open to track the issue.

7. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would love to see the ability to place the xd previews as graphics on dimension renders and be able to choose from a list of available artboards to use in the render. This would allow me to create high quality renders of the preview on screen for pitches and also for advertising on the web and in print material for clients.

More critically, I'm hoping that dimension gets the ability to add keyframes and render video, or even just animate between saved camera positions. Having the ability to transition between xd artboards with auto animate in a rendered dimension video…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. are there any plans to include a modulator feature? eg:like a low frequency oscillator (with sawtooth, sinewave etc).

this would make a wide range of generative stuff possible, animated backgrounds correlated to the fibbonaci sequence for design purposes, stuff a bit like brian eno's 77 million paintings might also be possible if a high number of modulators were able to be assigned to a single parameter like color or image for example.

also things like phasing etc in the visual domain would be possible for design purposes.

being able to modulate both colors, various aspects of pages and transitions would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.
    2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

17. To meet 508 compliance standards for our company internal users/editors/designers must be able to navigate the UI graphics without a mouse. This means using tab, enter, arrows, or whatever. It would be helpful to set multiple options for transitions so a user can tap or tab. This would mean that symbols on an artboard that are wired to another artboard can be selected without a mouse by hitting tab and enter. Symbols could be ordered as well within an artboard (similar to the "home" button) so they are selected by "tab" in a specific order.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 18 19