Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

2. I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The new shortcut on mac to toggle between design, prototype and share mode means you can't type a hashtag or euro character. Use a different shortcut tool.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Editing a pathfinder ( Add, subtract, intersect, etc.) would be beneficial to create the perfect shape without building new shapes or paths. Example: location pin - If the circle within the teardrop is off by 2px, I can select the circle shape and move it instead of selecting anchor points.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When editing with other users, it will be easier if there was a radio button that says "Always Accept Changes" so that we don't have to accept changes every time because it's a bit distracting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe XD version 0.6.34.3 Beta on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

.xd files that are saved in Creative Cloud don't get versioning. The tab "Activity" is missing completely. Other file types (like .psd) are working fine.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

20. I find the option to position elements relative to artboard is a missing feature.

Not only for center to artboard, but also, let's say I change the width of the artboard, if the element is centered it should keep that way.

If it's aligned to right it should be like glued to the artboard right edge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)