Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reorder your Repeat Grid

Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight text style in the Asset Panel when selecting object on the canvas

Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add artboard preset for print

Add artboard preset for print like Paper, A4, B4.
    Currently we only have artboard preset for web.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow duplicate character styles and colors (CSS)

Currently you can only have one character style for a given set of parameters, however it might be nice to have duplicate character styles. For example h3 in tablet might match up with h4 on desktop, but it's confusing for them to share a single style.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add new Repeat Grid cells to the left or above existing rows / columns

Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alpha Mask Support

Having the ability to use a mask with opacity is pretty basic. This feature has been in Illustrator since the beginning... Photoshop (of course with alpha masks) - it's in Sketch (mask mode > alpha)... pretty much all the apps... but not in XD? Why? Very strange.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change number values in active field using scroll wheel

It is terrible to re-type eg. font-size values using keyboard.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Numbered lists

The ability to create lists, both ordered and unordered. Lists are one of the most used strategies of UX.

The feature should include the ability to have the lines of text align with each other when the text runs to 2 or more lines (see third item in the attached).

The Repeat Grid feature is cumbersome when all I want to do is cut and paste text and turn it into a list. What Adobe is asking us to do is create 2 boxes, one for the bullet/number and one for the text, and then change each box in the…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Artboard names *should not* change to an ellipsis when zoomed out

Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tooltips / Annotations that appear WHILE using interactive prototype

Add the ability to embed tooltips and/or annotations on design so that when a user is interacting with your prototype and hits a "hotspot" a tooltip or annotation appears.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scroll bars (horizonal / vertical) on the XD window's viewport

I VPN to MAC within a PC environment (iRAPP via Citrix). Navigating in the application XD requires use of keyboard shortcuts, which is disabled due the nature of my secure remote-access.

Why not include a scrollbar to view panels in XD? Currently - I use the zoom-to-fit and zoom in order to view panels. It would be great to have a scroll bar within the application (as with Sketch).

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Although Adobe XD does not currently provide scrollbars to navigate the view of your content, there are several different options to pan the viewport around:

• If you have a trackpad, use two fingers to pan (if you have an Apple Magic Mouse, you can use one finger to pan)
    • Hold down Space Bar and drag the mouse
    • Use the mouse scroll wheel to pan vertically, and use Shift + scroll wheel to pan horizontally
  13. Components & Design systems

It wode be really good that designers to have capabilities to design with components which can be used separately or combined into a new component because today technologies are relying on this concepts example React, ReactNative ... This feature would give designers the capability to build consistent design systems.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to adjust the frequency of auto-save or to turn auto-save on / off

(posted in the right forum this time)

As a user, I want to be able to adjust the auto save frequency on cloud documents so that I have more control over my system and my file, and my workflow is not interrupted.

Right now, the auto save seems to save my work every X edits, which would be great if XD didn't slow down or freeze during this, unfocus typing, and generally interrupt my entire workflow.

For example this just happened to me again: I manually saved a document. Then I clicked into an element (not component) and adjusted the…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save shadows to assets panel

The ability to save drop (box) shadows to your component library within XD, as you can with colours, text styles and symbols.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reset Bounding Box (don't match rotation of shape/path)

Please implement a ‘Reset Bounding Box’ function for drawn vector shapes. They conflict with alignment and centring.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Grid and layout at the same time

Like the title says, i would like to use the layout and pixel grid at the same time to get the maximum out of it. For example when you have a 8px soft grid and want to find your layout grid you have to switch between these.

When both are active than they just overlay (maybe with pixelgrid beeing in the bg).

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyboard shortcuts for changing component states.

With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Responsive Artboard (Breakpoints)

XD currently pretty well handles responsive resizing of elements. Why not make it available for the whole artboard?

You would be able to set an artboard as responsive, so on preview/developer view, the artboard width can be changed and all elements placed on this artboard will be scaled up or down accordingly (including the grid - but to do this, there must be an option to define a grid with percentage values).

Placing elements on your artboard, you can also define their width as a percentage of the column width, or multiple column width.

You can also define breakpoints. Then…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base