Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Everyone uses icons. They're everywhere so you spend a lot of time using them during design. Usually you need some external project opened with those icons and copy-paste them etc.

Would be good to have some kind of built-in way to use imported icons (or any asset actually)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of know you can copy and paste items from Illustrator and from browsers. You can also import SVG from Sketch and from Finder. Could you change the title for this item to Font Icon support? If that is the case. Thanks.

3. Ability to reorder the colors in the color palette. Currently they're created in the order I make them. I'd like to be able to drag the blues together, greens together, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. we need to start designing for the new iphone

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the iPhone X artboard is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

5. Facebook did it. Why can't Adobe?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show all & zoom to selected object is a pretty powerful way to navigate among your artboards. Also very useful when trying to work on the details of a particular selected object.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now zoom to selected object. Check out the September release of Adobe XD.

Tom (Adobe XD)

7. I would really love in XD to have an option to import artboards from Illustrator. Working in UX with teams who create mockups in Illustrator, it would be a nice option to see a workflow where I can import my artboards so I can then prototype within XD.

Currently, I copy and paste in from Illustrator, which works, but it doesn't retain data sometimes such as drop shadows, which is an issue for some within the team.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update (Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files in Adobe XD, while retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

8. The ability to turn artboard-based grids on and off using a checkbox in the artboard's property inspector.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We just released an update to Adobe XD where you can now create hyperlinks within your text block. To do this:

1) Select any piece of text in Design Mode.

2) In the "Text" pane of the property inspector, add a URL to the link field.

3) Commit w/ Enter

Your text will get an underline by default, but you can still change the styles. Preview your prototype, and your text should be a hyperlink. Clicking on the link will open a new browser tab with that link.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joan Lafferty

Adobe XD Product Manager

10. The ability to collapse / expand assets: Colors, Character Styles and Symbols

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. (NOTE: You can rotate symbols currently by entering a rotation value in the Properties panel. This request is for dragging on canvas to rotate, like you can with other objets that have resize handles).

Can you, please, add handles to be able to rotate symbol with mouse cursor. Like it is now done for all the other elements in XD.

Because for me it is faster to duplicate symbol and rotate two of them and then to remove the duplicate, rather than use special input field on the properties panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You could just zoom out to select larger areas, but I think this is a usability issue. When zoomed in, in photoshop for example, you can drag a marquee selection off the window and it will scroll to follow the mouse. I would expect a similar action to take place here, as some mobile pages can get very long.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, it's just pasted as a raster image...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't assume imported JPEG images are 2x high DPI

Hello,

I have the problem, when I import a picture that the initial size is not the same like the original picture. In the video attached you can see it.
    For some reason, the bug does not occur with every picture. But the video shows you that it exists.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to let you know that once with the XD 45 release we brought some improvements to the import/export workflows and JPGEs are no longer halved on import!

Thank you,
    Corina Murgila

15. Seems like we're missing CC Library support for Illustrator assets. I'm sure you're on it but didn't find another comment on it. I can imagine you were under the gun to show off more library integration for MAX but vector symbols are really where it's going to be at for our team's needs. (That and JPG exporting, but that's been covered).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. since there is no layers tab, it is crucial to have a feature that allows the user to arrange objects to:

• bring to front
    • bring forward
    • send backward
    • send to back

I'm aware that these are in the menu under Object, but please make them more accessible in the UI, if I have to go into the menu every time to arrange objects it will slow down the user's work flow!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our June 2016 release, you will be able to use the context menu (right click) to arrange your item. For now, you can use the menu under Object as mentioned, or shortcuts (CMD + ] to Bring Forward, or CMD + [ to send Backward).

17. When creating colors in the Asset panel, it would be nice to use the color picker tool and not have to have the Hex value handy. Not all mock-ups are color sensitive so this would make a nice quality of life addition.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the assets panel eyedropper is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

18. On Windows 10
    Using the shortcut Alt+mouse to zoom as it is for photoshop and illustrator instead of Ctrl+mouse

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wrong Coordinates in the Viewbox if i save SVG´s from Xperience Design.
    To correct the coordinates and the viewBox, i have to open the SVG in Illustrator, to save the ICON (SVG ) with right code.

Maybe it is my fall if yes tell me the right way :)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 14 15