Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It could be cool if XD got a "tilt phone trigger". Like when tilting your phone the color of your text changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. When changing zoom to something new, remember the previous zoom coordinates and zoom level.

Double-tap 'z' to return to that previous zoom level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Just like how photoshop has checkered background to denote transparency. XD should have the same thing. It's important to know what shapes have or don't have a fill without having to worry about if the fill matches the same background color as the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. xd no funciona con efectos de desenfoque cuando se exportar los archivos en PDF y SVG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, you only have the option to edit paths if the Z-position is set to 0. As soon as you set the paths Z-position to anything greater than 0 you lose the ability to edit the paths, which is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the way your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sorry, if this has already been requested but I couldn't find it. I would love it if when I change the text of an existing text field, that the naming of it in layers automatically changes to reflect what I've typed. I tend to copy and paste text layers, holding option, to speed up my process but it keeps the name of the layer regardless of if I change the content of the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Adobe Muse, there was a on the left side, near the rulers, to pull up or push down all design elements under the handle. Was it called the "Vertical Move Handle" ?

Can Adobe XD integrate this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Font resize by Command + . wold resize space between lines and paragraph spacement (proportionaly).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need a simple way to add text to a container to avoid creating and grouping multiple objects. Double-click rectangle to add a text like it's done in PowerPoint. See the attached example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to quickly see whether or not a stray color or text style is used that is not in the Assets panel would be so helpful. Easily reconciling any texts or colors that aren't part of your design system. Appears that you can kind of do this in the inspect mode on a shared link, but being able to do this in design mode would be so helpful and speed up auditing designs before handing off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert components at the current cusor position with something like a dopdown

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

14. Having the option to reverse the order of layers for a file. Every time I create a web mockup with sticky navigation, I have to reorder the layers so the navigation shows as intended in the prototype. XD adds to the top of my layers which is the opposite of design workflows. Seems counterintuitive since generally sites are designed top to bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assets library MUST be in it's own window and within the component inspector as well!

Adobe! you've been developing design tools for 30 years and all of them have unique windows for repeatable assets such as Type characters, paragraphs, symbols etc. Please move the Document Library outside the General Library pane! it takes three clicks to jump from one pane (mostly the Layers) to select a document asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I often have to export modules/images for dev. This includes a text portion which I use auto height with padding. Then I have the elements stacked. If the objects aren't pixel perfect it leave a gap. 

So for example:

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

Vertical Stack 2: 50px height

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Exports completely fine because pixel are perfect.

But if it's not pixel perfect

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 2: 51.2px height (because of auto-height element with text)

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Anyway to fix this issue? Perhaps auto-height feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. give some gray tint options for wire frames

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently, a stack is dependent on the stacking order of the layers.

Usually, that doesn't cause any trouble. But I have grid layout (aka table) where a context menu needs to fly up instead of down. To prevent the menu from ending up under the rows above, I have to break the stack so I can reverse the layer order (ie the row at the lowest y value needs to be at the highest z value).

Ideally, a stack would not depend on layer order.
    Alternatively, you could just allow for reversing the logic somewhere, like a sort flip control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. insert pixels horisontally in any place of artboard , for example sometimes when i add some length to my blocks i have to move all blocks below, i can only make artboard longer from the bottom but i want it to be possible from any point i choose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)