Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Current (0.6.24.10) version, when user zoom in/out, the Artboard font rendering size does not change. It will look better if the Artboard title can zoom with zoom level accordingly based on 100% zoom level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be clever to have the ability to cycle between the different elements of a group with a shortcut. Ex: I have 5 elements grouped together, and I need to change the fill/stroke of all of them from white to blue. 2 elements have a fill and 3 of them have strokes, so selecting them all at once isn't possible. If I could direct select one element within a group, and then Tab through the elements to cycle through the elements of the group, it would save alot of time and precise clicking within the group. It can be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The XD team just released awesome improvements to design mode in the March Update with the support for copy and paste from Photoshop and Illustrator.

However, one cannot copy and past type from Photoshop to XD without copying the type as a raster or an SVG.

A similar problem was addressed for Illustrator here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13059984-copying-pasting-text-from-illustrator

It would be great if the solution for illustrator - the ability to copy text and paste it in XD as a text element - was made available for photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The reason is that 'Ctrl+Mouse Wheel' for zooming is very uncomfortable due to 'Space+left Mouse press' for moving your mouse pointer. Additionally, touchpads for Windows are not able to move your mouse pointer to left or right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Description : I have 2 art boards. both of them are filled with my design . I wish i can Export this 2 in a same image with a new big art board under them.

Value: normal art boards are used for prototyping and the bigger one is for export interaction design documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Say you have a button of some sort and you want it to be in the lower corner of a dialog box. When closing in the size of the dialog box or when positioning the button near a corner or the box, show the measurements to the edges of the box it is near. Attached is an illustration.

(Currently, XD shows distance measurements only when the object you're dragging is snapped to the center or top/bottom/left/right of the other object -- not when it's close to the edge but not snapped).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It may be helpful to see which text objects are point versus area at a glance in the layers panel.

Just a thought.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Overlaying a text box on top of another pre-existing image to copy styles requires you to see what underneath the text while you are changing leading values. Have the highlight state semi-transparent ( or fully) like Sketch/other apps do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The iPhone 6 has screen dimensions that aren't divisible by 8. As a result, placing a regular grid means that the last grid on the right and bottom and off.

Given that UI designs are bilateral vertically, if you want to make the side margins 16pts and aligned with the grid, the left margin will be off the grid.

To counter that you can make the center grid off by that 1pt, which normally doesn't affect the placement of objects as much.

The same could be done for the horizontal grid, however since most apps aren't bilateral horizontally this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Corner radius controls should reflect the visual corners of a rectangle so that I don't have to remember the rotation of my object.

WAS:
    To create this bug.

1) Mask an image
    2) Edit the corners of the masking rectangle
    3) The top left and top right radii effect the bottom left and bottom right respectively (as displayed by the blue corner highlight icon).

Thanks

James

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The input field for the corner radius in the right panel is not very discoverable. Its relationship to the icons just to the left of it are also not very clear unless I interact with it. Suggestion attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You can delete/reject this if it's mentioned elsewhere.

When using the keyboard (Cmd+ or cmd-) and when using Cmd+opt+mouseclick to zoom out, I feel that I'm wrestling XD regarding the zoom speed.

This for me feels like a stark difference from when I use the macbook's trackpad, It's fast and buttery smooth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring in the awesome simple icons library used for Adobe spark video.

Awesome library simple to use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)