Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. This may be fixed once you introduce states, but I think component bounding boxes should change height if showing or hiding a layer affects the height of the group.

For example, we have used components to create form fields, with different layers for various states of the component. We have an error state that includes an additional line of text with a description. If we include this error state inside our master "input" component, the height of the component will include the error state height, regardless of if we have the layer turned on or off. This causes us to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Pasting anything into an XD file automatically places that object at the top of the hierarchy. Not a big deal, but for files that have "always on top" elements (such as pinned menu bars), this has you constantly having to move things up/down to correct the stacking order.

What I'm suggesting is a line/bar that you could pull down in the Layers pane that would serve as the "paste below" threshold - all pasted objects would appear just below that line until moved elsewhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When aligning objects that are nested deep in a complex component it isn't always that easy to right click on the right object from the first time on.

As an advanced user i would like to select align to pixel grid in the layers panel by right clicking the selected layer and navigating to 'align to pixel grid'.

Limitations of items in this specific context menu is a concern, i would make a group "design options" and add the suggested 'align to pixel grid' option together with the 'add colour to assets" option to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Of course it's set ot german and of course now I have to hunt down some setting somewhere which I dont want to do. Spellcheck should not be on by default, anyone who wants to use such a feature will actively search for it, the vast majority of users do not want it, especially not when it uses some localised setting from who knows where that is now constantly uppercasing all my stuff without me ever having this problem before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you command click it should follow the hierarchy of groups/components so you can keep command clicking in deeper and deep NOT directly going to the root element.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When making an app specific xd repo from the master brand repo, i should be able to import all assets through the specific xd repo into my new prototype.

Now i can only link assets from doc 1 in doc 2, for flexibility towards design systems in complicated structures i would like to link from doc 1 into doc 2 via doc 3.

Eg:

doc 1 (main brand)
    - brand
    - typography
    - iconography
    - ui main brand (atomic)

doc 2 (subbrand collection):
    - ui sub brand (atomic)
    - doc 1

doc 3 (prototype sub brand)
    - doc 2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hello, thank you very much I would like to thank you for this Idea

I think it is better to make slide like powerpoint so it will be easy to view it

I think when I try to view my page in xd I need to have zoom in or out to find my page but if it will be slide like powerpoint it will be easier to find my page

without zooming in out until I get my slide

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After the user drops a Guide on the artboard they can 'click' the Guide Selector UI which will auto-place another guide using the same pixel measurements as the previous dropped guide.

e.g. User drops a guide at 50 pixels from the Top they then click on the Guide Selector UI element, not drag, and another guide will be automatically placed at 100 pixels from the top (+50 pixels from the previous guide).

Clicking twice on the Guide Selector UI twice in a row would auto-place 2 more guides; first at 100px and second at 150px; thereby creating a 3 guide…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As of right now - In the property panel, text boxes with numerical values can be clicked and dragged up and down with the mouse to quickly change the value without typing.

Just like Photoshop - If I could hold down SHIFT to increase the speed of the value changing, or ALT to slow it down (for better precision) this would benefit the feature.
    For an object's rotation value, SHIFT could snap to certain angle increments. It's extremely common to rotate something by 45° or 90°.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Most often, I reorder assets with the asset list only one column wide because reordering with it pulled out to multi-column is very confusing. The order of the assets run across each row and then down to the next column, which is fine, however, the drop placement is indicated as being a horizontal blue line ABOVE an asset, rather than between the LEFT/RIGHT sides of two assets. Since, for example, Assets 4 and 5 in the list would be next to each other rather than one on top of the other, it would make more sense for the blue bar…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be great if the user could find easily an object that was put as batch export object. An ideia is a filter or list with all object that would be exported.

When I have a XD file with lots of page and objects checked as exported file in batch, it is hard when a user have to go and check where is the object to be exported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In windows, it was very simple to right click a selection and select "Mask with shape" now that function requires some extra hunting in Mac. Could this be added into the menu when right clicking? It would be much less interaction cost (IMO).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Download Roboto and Roboto Condensed from Google Fonts (This form doesn't allow me to add ttf files or a zip) and open the XD file attached (saved on Windows) on Mac. The condensed font variant is not found. When you replace the links and save, they will not be found on Windows.

The two systems work differently for font variants. Windows lumps variants under one name, Mac keeps them separate. We need XD to understand these differences and look for both versions.

Here is a discussion where I already described it: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10986982

Thanks for looking into it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be ace if smart objects (illustrator vectors in in a Photoshop smart layer) could transfer across ultimately as editable vectors in XD....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I often have to rename an element on the fly so it's not messing up the animations. To do this now I have to go and switch the left pane from the Assets pane to Layers and find my element and right click rename then switch it back to Assets because that's what I use most.

Clicking on an element and see its properties I should be able to quickly rename it ) and always see its name.

In addition to the name you could show if it's a group and even how many objects are within the group. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A tool similar to the artboard tool in Illustrator that makes it easy to target the selection as the artboard and not the contents. This allows the user to rearrange the artboards quickly and easily. The current click target for artboards that must be used to rearrange artboards is tiny, particularly when zoomed out and makes it very difficult to rearrange single artboards as well as a complex selection of artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to have the ability to use the delete button to delete color/character styles and symbols (instead of having to right-click).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)