Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Same sizing of elements

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Eyedropper tool for colors, forms, font… to apply the same parameter from an existing object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

4. With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Some feature that I think need to add in XD ASAP
    1. Border Gradient
    2. Dash line
    3. Rounded corner (in stock)
    4. Masking - ( Mask with shape is really painful so it should be something like sketch or photoshop)
    5. Corner radius (shape edit mode) rather than access by the property.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you add a single idea per ticket instead of all of them in one place. The good news is, all of your ideas are already in the database and just need your upvote.

You can already edit the corner radius on the

7. Requests Better Text Control
    - quick keys to increase/decrease font size, leading, & kerning - without selecting those fields

• ability to transform text to uppercase, etc...

• providing tools similar to CSS rules would make sense

• create ordered & under ordered list

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You could get a tool to generate images into the shapes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like to have the option of color transparency in cells of tables

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. take the symbol concept and grouping concept from adobe fireworks - it is well designed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Padding style: can be applied to a shape. Then using text tool click the shape and type. The padding is maintained on resizing the object (unless the value is changed in the padding style).

Margin style: works like the space before, left, right or after in InDesign. Can be applied to any object or text block.

Paragraph styles and Character styles (useful for links) work in the same way as Indesign (perhaps using web terminology, % values, rems).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Just in general, UserVoice works best when you only add one idea per submission. Some of the ideas you’ve suggested are already in the database, and only need to be upvoted.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

12. Image flipping option needed. Because when i flipp some visual , i can not able to rotate negative.means horizontal or vertical. And paragraph to paragraph spacing also good option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to be able to switch the design mode to use points for coordinates and sizes.
    Translating points works really easily in other apps so I know exactly how to layout on a matching device size in Xcode.
    The virtual pixel on XD does not match up to points 1:1 with Xcode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When working on designs within the XD program and a client references a page within the prototype by number, you have no way of knowing, instantly, which page within the XD design space they're talking about as the art boards don't have the numbers showing. Please can numbers be present in the title. If will make it easier to remember what pages to link to when in prototype mode along with the aforementioned reference issue between prototype and XD Design space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We have been requesting these two basic things from the beginning, yet still we wait.

1) Layout grids, and ability to align them with css frameworks
    2) Interactions, anything more than a slideshow would be great!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both of these are on our radar and are actively being worked on. I’m guessing you already upvoted both of them, so you’ll know that we’ve marked Layout Grids as started. Improved interactivity is also something I’m personally working on, so there’s definitely movement in the area as well! That’s a little more complex, but we’re making progress!

-Elaine

16. When using/selecting a font, use the selector dialog similar to that of Photoshop and Illustrator, just for convenience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would be prefer to have a similar usability on both Mac and Windows. Right now, 1/3 of the functionality in Mac is not available in Windows, which is ridiculous when I am working at home and at office.

Please update to according what Mac has on Windows as well. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Linked graphics
    • Paragraph styles
    • Image cropping

PLEASE!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just in general, it’s best to file each idea separately so that we can aggregate and prioritize. As it stands, all of these have already been filed:

Please upvote them separately, and keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,

-Elaine

18. There should be more fonts available, I am trying to create a website design and I am not seeing the most common fonts like Sans Serif or Robota.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we received no response on our query from three months ago, I’m marking this one as action-required. Please feel free to re-file this request with more clarification as to what you’re expecting to see.

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. Styling fonts seem to be very limited in XD which is a shame because I love everything else about it. Not asking for anything crazy, but simply to add the same text box feature in Illustrator to XD.

The feature I'm talking about is the ability to easily change a line of text to a text box by double clicking in AI. Having that same feature in XD will help with my wireframing SO much.

Also, the ability to easily shrink or enlarge type. Right now I can only enlarge texts NOT in a text box. When it's in a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Regarding the first issue, you should upvote this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13615449 (ability to switch between area and point text). The second issue – you should be able to change a section of your area text by highlighting the text in edit mode. Check out the documentation here (click on “Format text” in the navigation to scroll to the right area): https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/text-tools.html

-Elaine