Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On the web, i often use line height to determin the height of the types container. Therefore the text should sit vertically centrally to its line height. This is different to how line height works in print.
    I also use line height for vertical rhythm. see more info on this here:
    http://typecast.com/blog/4-simple-steps-to-vertical-rhythm

vertical rhythm is a huge factor when I design for web

341 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Apparently only JPG/PNG is supported when performing drag & drop of a set of images.
    My assets are often SVG so supporting that format there would spare me from having to generate temporary PNGs or place manually.

It seems currently it adds all SVGs on all cells when dropping and creates a mask of all the files combined(??).

Thank you.

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

10. I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes we have to show a mock-up and simulate mouse cursor states. It would be nice to have a ready-made library available.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)