Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Please add new iPhone XR, XS, XS Max in mobile sizes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you make a symbol like a button, you draw first a rectangle with attributes like color, size, etc...

then you put a label in order to give him a function like "Validate", etc

So when you put this button inside your artboards the problem becomes that if you want to change the caption of the button you'll have to dissociate the symbol to change the caption.

So the problem is How can I use atomic approach in order to design my system and then if I change the color of the button, the size of it or the caption…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be extremely valuable to have a dimension view or developer view where the size and color code for each element is visible. All text or other distractions would be hidden and the user would have the option to reorganize the auto populated layout of dimensions. This feature would definitely put Adobe XD way ahead of any competitor.

There are more variables to consider, but this is an great idea to build off of.

Cheers!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When an object is very small on screen -- either due to zooming out, or just because it's small -- XD hides some resize handles to prevent them from jumbling all together.

On Mac, handles don't disappear until they're really overlapping. At 100% zoom, you can make a square as small as 16x16 and still see all eight handles (and it'll still give you four handles all the way down to 8x8).

On Windows however, you can only go down to 64x64 before handles start vanishing. And it'll drop from 4 handles to 1 at any size below 32x32.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Appearance Shadow option should have opacity setting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to have a presentation mode like with InDesign for quickly viewing lots of artboards quickly!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Peter mentioned, our full screen Preview can take over the entire screen and, as of 10.11, doesn’t leave a chrome around it. I believe this best mimics Presentation Mode in InDesign, so I’m closing this as completed.

-Elaine

10. Provide an option to disable all helpful tips that popup as you're trying to use the application.

This would be valuable to me, as otherwise it's disrupting my flow of trying to create some screens. They're distracting, I've already watched all the tutorials on your XD page, so I'm aware of the features, they don't add anything new.

It makes sense to have these "on" by default, but some option to disable them is expected, and would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A master component can consist of many other master components. Lets call them 'inside master components.

If one of these inside master components is duplicated in the master and then edited (fx. a text) the duplication is done correctly, but the edit does not work. Even if you rename the new inside master component.

After duplicate, I have to ungroup the duplicated one and make a new inside component before it works.

Please do something about this. Extremely annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Word or Visual Studio you have the ability to search and replace certain signs or words. Well i'm in a project right now having a lot of different canvases all with some rectangles colored in the same way. If i want to change the color of all of them equally i wish i had a function providing me with that ability.... maybe there is a way to this date.. but i don't know it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A set of keyboard commands for the object alignment features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be nice to be able to switch between landscape/portrait modes when you start a new design (or even while working on an existing design).

Now all templates start as portrait views and you can only mimic a landscape orientation by creating a custom size template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There is no Right Click Option, which would be useful, especially for the "Make Repeat Grid" Feature

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)