Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’ve added support for nested components and have improved states and resizing. Feel free to file a new ticket if you’re interested in additional features.

Please note for future reference that UserVoice works best if you have each idea in a separate ticket.

2. It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Components/ Character style / Colors to library from Assets panel by selecting multiple items and exporting to Library with one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Example: Character Style Title, menu option, tabBar option, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Style Guide - Rollover Highlighting

With the release of v. 0.8.22, when you rollover a style in the "Character Styles" listing, it should highlight all elements in the project that use that style. Inversely, if I click on an object that uses that style, it should highlight the style.

The current implementation means we have repeat entries if two usages share the same stylings, but could deviate in the future, because the use case is different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a "Guideline Mode" in addition to the prototype mode and design mode. This would be a content area of speficications like color schemes, used fonts, symbols and other visuals etc. It would be good to have a basic content template for the most typical things like color palette etc. but make it also possible to add custom content.

This functionality would help to work on the design in teams and to communicate the design fundamentals to customer and developers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great if XD stops renaming the Layers when you convert them into a symbol.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD should be working this way now — if you select a single object (layer) and create a Component, the component name will be taken from that object’s name.

If you select multiple objects at once to make a Component you’ll still get a generic name, but you can rename it in the Assets panel afterward.

9. Better way of displaying white icons within the symbol panel, so they are visible on a white background

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Description:
    When we press ⌘+0 XD zooms out to bird's-eye view. It would be useful to zoom back in to a selected artboard when press ⌘+1 or ⌘+2. But not to the empty grey back ground as it may happen now in the compositions like these (image attached).

Why is this valuable to you:
    You will be able to switch between different artboards instantly. Even if they're more than 50. Vey easy to navigate and find necessary pages.

Additional request:
    When zoom to a selected artboard, zoom not just to the center of it, but to the top side (image…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now select the artboard and hit CMD+3 and it will zoom to the selected artboard.

Tom (Adobe XD)

11. Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

13. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm constantly changing this in PS.. and the hex field is buried away inside XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for groups in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel like photoshop would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's very annoying anytime I copy/paste an item within a group or not, that it pastes it into the top of that group in my panel. Instead of right above the item I have selected. If I want to clean up my panel I have to constantly move my items down where I want them after pasting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This one will presumably have to wait until the layers panel comes to fruition, but it'd be nice if there was a label/breadcrumb at the top of the screen that told us which group was selected/in isolation mode. Pretty much exactly like illustrator's isolation mode breadcrumb bar, or maybe even simplified (after all, simplicity seems to be what XD is all about!), using just the standard breadcrumb chevron instead of icons.

I think this would be nice because I keep forgetting, or not realizing that I'm in isolation mode, then I end up drawing or pasting objects in to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)