Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Being able to import copy from MS Word by dragging gand dropping like a .txt file. FYI, rtfs don't work that way either.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You can delete/reject this if it's mentioned elsewhere.

When using the keyboard (Cmd+ or cmd-) and when using Cmd+opt+mouseclick to zoom out, I feel that I'm wrestling XD regarding the zoom speed.

This for me feels like a stark difference from when I use the macbook's trackpad, It's fast and buttery smooth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Line start and end should allow arrows, triangle, or circles

Original request:
    (this covers some topics already tracked elsewhere on UserVoice: please upvote those other suggestions if you're interested in dotted lines and CSS-driven styling).

In CSS and other adobe tools we have Stroke or Border options like type or style (dotted, dashed) start and end (arrows, triangle, circles). In XD we do currently have weight and color options, though it will be amazing to add these options to reflect dotted arrow line or dashed border around a rectangle etc.

650 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Several of the items originally mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already:

The only suggestion I think we don’t have listed yet is arrow-head line endings. To keep the request list tidy, I will change the title here so it is specifically focused on that one idea. Please upvote the other links above so your interest in those features is captured too.

Thanks for your feedback!

5. I am creating a screen flow diagram with annotations between each artboard. I've pasted arrows between the artboards to indicate the flow of the experience between sreens.

If I'd like to move multiple artboards I've noticed that all of my arrows / annotations outside of the artboards aren't selected with the multiple artboards. It is extremely time consuming to move the outside elements after moving multiple artboards.

I read that other designers wish there could be a way to annotate or draw arrows between artboards. Perhaps that would solve my issue. I just want to show a screen / state…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the false alarm! Someone pointed out to me that I interpreted the request incorrectly. While you can now select objects both in the artboard and on the pasteboard, you cannot yet select objects on the pasteboard and complete artboards themselves.

6. Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a field in the inspector to see the percentage scaling of a given asset on the board. This would be good for bitmap images, so you can see if they are scaled at 100% or not. Contextual menus to reset scaling would be very nice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While designing I have a lot of stuff I look at in my finder as inspiration. How about getting a feature by which I can just tap a button to view a window which presents me with all the different things I collected together for inspiration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am often working off screen shots of our existing products. I would like to use magic wand to change the color of particular elements of the UI. I would also like to be able to select a UI item from the screen shot and cut and paste in in order to move it.

Also: Quick remove white background from images (erase opaque pixels to create transparent background)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm working on a MAC BookPro with high density display. When I redesign existing apps, I take screenshots of small parts of my screen and paste them in XD. Then I recreate the components, icons... using the vector tools.
    When I work with a HD screen, I paste the screenshots and they are scaled 200% (because the OS captures twice more pixels). But it's not relevant in XD, I have to scale it down 50% to get accurate dimensions. I'd prefer XD to detect the screen density and scale it down if needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  Hoyle responded

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

12. Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I VPN to MAC within a PC environment (iRAPP via Citrix). Navigating in the application XD requires use of keyboard shortcuts, which is disabled due the nature of my secure remote-access.

Why not include a scrollbar to view panels in XD? Currently - I use the zoom-to-fit and zoom in order to view panels. It would be great to have a scroll bar within the application (as with Sketch).

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although Adobe XD does not currently provide scrollbars to navigate the view of your content, there are several different options to pan the viewport around:

• If you have a trackpad, use two fingers to pan (if you have an Apple Magic Mouse, you can use one finger to pan)
    • Hold down Space Bar and drag the mouse
    • Use the mouse scroll wheel to pan vertically, and use Shift + scroll wheel to pan horizontally
  14. Text properties has been greatly improved with individual portion styling in May update, including colours in the fresh June update.

However, the individual formatting doesn't conform to text files that are dragged into a text box in Repeat Grids mode (unless the number of characters in each word is matching exactly, see attachment ‘DragDropFormatting’).

I would love to see a feature in the future that lets you set up spacing margins between text boxes that are meant for ‘drag and drop’ text files. This lets you use individual styling for each box and keep the spacing consistent. See attachment ‘TextBoxMarginsHorizontal’

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Apparently only JPG/PNG is supported when performing drag & drop of a set of images.
    My assets are often SVG so supporting that format there would spare me from having to generate temporary PNGs or place manually.

It seems currently it adds all SVGs on all cells when dropping and creates a mask of all the files combined(??).

Thank you.

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actual hand tool (in addition to spacebar). When viewing multiple artboards, it is important to be able to pan around the work area while being disengaged from the keyboard as a means of focusing on the work itself. Or just leaning back in a chair.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add artboard preset for print like Paper, A4, B4.
    Currently we only have artboard preset for web.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I use the handles snapping to grid functionality extensively when creating icons and other detail-intensive shapes. This is critical to my workflow.

Note from Adobe: curve anchor points (the points the curve pass through) should snap to the grid already. This request is about the curve control points (the two handles on either side of each anchor point, with the tangent line connecting them) snapping to the grid; this does not cause any visible part of the path to align to the grid better, it just helps keep the control points organized and makes it easier to match curves identically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would it be possible to create 'swimming lanes' in order to visualize on which level a certain part of the flow/design operates? I've added a simple visualisation of it, just to illustrate the idea.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)