Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. To create this a demonstration of this needed function, do the following:

Group select a text field with some text in and a text area with some text in, now scale them together. The text field scales as expected but the text area doesn't.

When creating responsive layouts we need to scale elements collectively, this breaks that workflow. Can you please make them both scale together to ease the workflow overhead.

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

1,526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like the possibility of grouping together fonts I use.

Most of the fonts that XD comes with are junk, never to be really used.
    There's no way for fonts I really DO use to stand out in the font selection panel.
    eg:

My hi-fidelity UI fonts KIT, my wireframing fonts, Serif/Sans Serif, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option to specify the maximum number of repeated elements so that if the screen is displayed on a slightly larger screen, part of an image will not show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In other design tools, including Photoshop and Sketch, you can hold the shortcut for a particular tool, take a single action with that tool, and then release the shortcut to return to the default select/move cursor. (This is actually the default behavior of tool shortcuts in Sketch, even when the shortcut is released, which I prefer; Photoshop allows it if the shortcut key is held until the action is completed.)

This speeds up the workflow considerably, since the default cursor is the starting point for most actions I will take in working with any file. In particular, being able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of Drag / Drop images from outside of XD, an Image Library exists within XD similar to Illustrator. Images organized into named folders can be drag / drop into repeat grids, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

404 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show measurements when resize can be very useful when I resize a button. In this way, I can know the margin between button border and button text

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Preview window is a great way of navigating through a design/flow, especially since the window is minimal and works great with my iOS mirroring software (xScope from Panic).

However, there's no way to affect the level of zoom in the preview window. Preferably, I'd like to set the zoom to 200%, 300%,or 50% (or reset it to 100%). This would make the mirror on my iOS device pixel perfect at 200% (Retina).

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when you have a paragraph of vertical text or a list of items if you click the right button of the Might Mouse separate each paragraph break or line break in a menu item, then it would be a ready to use menu and could be edited separately as if it were a menu created from different text boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

3,888 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Material color swatches
    2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With this enormous amount of artboards which Adobe XD can handle it will be useful to have a kinetic motion for artboards like in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop when you press Space bar and start dragging around it works like a swipe gesture on mobiles — you drag through the artboards with smooth break in the end of the move.
    This feature is now realized on Mac for touch pad. But it would be usefull to have it for "Space+Drag", especially in the future Windows version of XD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)