Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I'd like to be able to copy one element (i.e: a top navigation bar) to multiple views by copying the element, selecting all relevant views, and pressing cmd + V.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you make a symbol like a button, you draw first a rectangle with attributes like color, size, etc...

then you put a label in order to give him a function like "Validate", etc

So when you put this button inside your artboards the problem becomes that if you want to change the caption of the button you'll have to dissociate the symbol to change the caption.

So the problem is How can I use atomic approach in order to design my system and then if I change the color of the button, the size of it or the caption…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am able to add colors to my assets panel, but when I click on those colors it changes the color of the fill without an option to change the stroke. It would be awesome if these could sync to the fill/border color palette. It's annoying when the color is in your assets but not in your swatch and you have to fill a shape just to copy the hex code to change the color of the stroke. See video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this! By default, you click on the assets panel to apply it quickly to the fill. However, if you want to apply the color to your border, you can right click the swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply to Border.” Hope that helps!

6. Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

7. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I use the Update Link command a lot! It has now been buried under Publish Prototype; more clicks away instead of fewer. I believe that his command is a signature experience for this application, and so it should be brought forward rather than buried.

It would be great for me to have a dedicated control that let's me update my prototype with one powerful click.

Please look at the attached image I which I have capture my thoughts around this feature.

If anything, the previous design should be put back in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 893 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I use the new Layout Grid heavily, but because of the color shading applied by default I need to hide it across ALL artboards to review what I've designed. Would appreciate if the functionality worked more similarly to Photoshop Guide Layouts where toggling the keyboard shortcut did this across the board.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Word or Visual Studio you have the ability to search and replace certain signs or words. Well i'm in a project right now having a lot of different canvases all with some rectangles colored in the same way. If i want to change the color of all of them equally i wish i had a function providing me with that ability.... maybe there is a way to this date.. but i don't know it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Seems like we're missing CC Library support for Illustrator assets. I'm sure you're on it but didn't find another comment on it. I can imagine you were under the gun to show off more library integration for MAX but vector symbols are really where it's going to be at for our team's needs. (That and JPG exporting, but that's been covered).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Since Xd just closes at will, with no warning, and we are now used to working in the cloud where our work gets backed up in this scenario, for the love of all that was once your calling, use the cloud services you have running massively on my machine to do some good for just the programs I am using. Focus and quality people. You can wikipedia those words. </troll>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want XD to recenter and zoom to an artboard that I select from the artboard list.

Why is this valuable to you?
    I currently spend a lot of energy manually zooming and panning between artboards. What if we simplify and streamline all this activity to just a couple of clicks?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Well, I'm using Adobe Xd for a week. Previously worked on Photoshop. I've started loving xD.

But I am facing difficulties when selecting a layer which is under another layer.

It's really annoying always "hide" the first layer then select the 2nd/3rd layer. After that finding that "Hide" layer to unhide.

Photoshop has an option for that. Please see attached.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)