Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I think it would be a great improvement if the current 'mask with shape' feature also worked by using the default container of an image:

1. Select image
    2. Shift + CMD + M
    3. Image is now masked within it's default container that you can edit

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Note from Randy:

Starting with XD 9, images are already masked with a shape! No need to execute any command.

The shape is a Rectangle with same width and height as image. Double-click in the middle to edit size and position of image fill.

Double-click on border to convert rectangle to a path.

2. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. With a consistent design system, I have mapped all the standards we need to use on each project. With that, on XD I'm not able to set those as standards on a file so for an example, each different text element created need to be changed from the standard XD font to the one in my design system.

With that, we would be able not only to document the general standards for the dev team but also would allow us to keep the standards tightly without the chance of forgetting to change something That could work for:

• Standard font (family,…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve introduced linked assets, which will enable you to link your entire assets panel from another document. You should be able to define things in one location and reuse them.

If you’re looking for something different, please feel free to file a new ticket!

4. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When object with applied asset color or font style is selected, highlight those assets in the left bar so I know which one is applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently pasting something is always placed on the top most position, that should be changed. Instead pasted elements should always be positioned above the currently selected layer.

Thansk in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of MAX of this year, we’ve enabled component states, which will give you the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Check it out on letsxd.com!

10. Example: Character Style Title, menu option, tabBar option, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would it be possible to have the libraries window attach to the side panel like the other tools instead of always floating in the work space? If you minimize the app the panel stays and gets in the way. Thank you! We are loving the app so far.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m happy to share that as part of XD 44, we have delivered the long awaited assets organization feature 🎉. So now you can flexibly groups your assets to help you organize, navigate and find your assets much faster.

This feature will allow you to:
    1. Create unlimited groups and sub-groups for all your assets
    2. Easily move assets between groups by drag-n-drop or using the move dialog
    3. Custom Reorder your groups
    4. Publish linked libraries with groups
    5. Sort your document assets panel by name

To learn more about this feature check: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.html

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Sherif

18. I'd love the ability to edit an existing symbol and have it populate to all instances (ie. Navigations, Headers, Footers, etc.)

This would make editing content and global changes SO much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to reorder the colors in the color palette. Currently they're created in the order I make them. I'd like to be able to drag the blues together, greens together, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Paste Appearance command should also work on folders. Lets say I have some multilayered flat logo 'A' in 'Folder A' and I want to past the attributes on all layers inside. It will be great. Currently I have to select all layers seperately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)