Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Title name for character styles

There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize artboard

Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eye dropper fill tool

Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Edit Symbols

I'd love the ability to edit an existing symbol and have it populate to all instances (ie. Navigations, Headers, Footers, etc.)

This would make editing content and global changes SO much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paste Appearance command

Paste Appearance command should also work on folders. Lets say I have some multilayered flat logo 'A' in 'Folder A' and I want to past the attributes on all layers inside. It will be great. Currently I have to select all layers seperately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy one element and paste it in multiple views

I'd like to be able to copy one element (i.e: a top navigation bar) to multiple views by copying the element, selecting all relevant views, and pressing cmd + V.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import into assets panel

hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Select and change the shape of the same color to another color together, instead of select shapes one by one again.

When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rename symbol instance in the layers panel

When you make a symbol like a button, you draw first a rectangle with attributes like color, size, etc...

then you put a label in order to give him a function like "Validate", etc

So when you put this button inside your artboards the problem becomes that if you want to change the caption of the button you'll have to dissociate the symbol to change the caption.

So the problem is How can I use atomic approach in order to design my system and then if I change the color of the button, the size of it or the caption…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sync colors in assets to fill/border swatches

I am able to add colors to my assets panel, but when I click on those colors it changes the color of the fill without an option to change the stroke. It would be awesome if these could sync to the fill/border color palette. It's annoying when the color is in your assets but not in your swatch and you have to fill a shape just to copy the hex code to change the color of the stroke. See video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already do this! By default, you click on the assets panel to apply it quickly to the fill. However, if you want to apply the color to your border, you can right click the swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply to Border.” Hope that helps!

11. Export/Import Saved Assets (Colors, Character Styles, Symbols)

Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

12. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show grids for all artboards (without artboard selection)

Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unbury the Update Link command

I use the Update Link command a lot! It has now been buried under Publish Prototype; more clicks away instead of fewer. I believe that his command is a signature experience for this application, and so it should be brought forward rather than buried.

It would be great for me to have a dedicated control that let's me update my prototype with one powerful click.

Please look at the attached image I which I have capture my thoughts around this feature.

If anything, the previous design should be put back in place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Return the Fill eyedropper to its previous location and add a keyboard shortcut

I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  72 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View > Show Layout Grid should toggle on all artboards, not just selected ones.

I use the new Layout Grid heavily, but because of the color shading applied by default I need to hide it across ALL artboards to review what I've designed. Would appreciate if the functionality worked more similarly to Photoshop Guide Layouts where toggling the keyboard shortcut did this across the board.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Colorsearch and replace

In Word or Visual Studio you have the ability to search and replace certain signs or words. Well i'm in a project right now having a lot of different canvases all with some rectangles colored in the same way. If i want to change the color of all of them equally i wish i had a function providing me with that ability.... maybe there is a way to this date.. but i don't know it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change color for all artboards

If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator support for CC libraries

Seems like we're missing CC Library support for Illustrator assets. I'm sure you're on it but didn't find another comment on it. I can imagine you were under the gun to show off more library integration for MAX but vector symbols are really where it's going to be at for our team's needs. (That and JPG exporting, but that's been covered).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base