Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

821 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi Everyone!

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could now create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

2. An ability to drag out persistent guides to an artboard and have other objects snap to it

3,457 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to announce that starting today, with the latest update, Artboard Guides functionality is part of XD!

Creation is very simple, you can simply point to the top and left of any artboard, click and drag to create guides.

You can check how Guides work in a short video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnalFtR2KMA ) or check out Adobe XD’s help pages to see all the details of the feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/artboards-grids.html#custom-artboard-guides).

Happy designing!

3. Need to select if the type is bold, regular, light etc inside the text box
    Does not help in design to make the whole text box one text weight

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You can easily make text bold or italic in XD, but not underlined. There should be an Underline style or toggle button for creating designs with links, etc.

1,063 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now underline text in the December release of Adobe XD. If you’re interested in improvements to the underline feature (like adjusting the distance between the underline and the baseline), please do feel free to file that as a separate ticket!

-Elaine

5. In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

6. to be able to shear, 3D rotate etc would be useful. This would reflect css 3D transforms.
    Example use would be creating isometric mockups.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

915 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The current implementation of "masking" is missing a key feature... clipping masks.

I've attached a file to help give a better understanding of what I'm referring to. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to create polygons, such as Triangles (most important), Pentagons, Stars, Hexagons.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that the polygon tool is now available with the XD 19 release. You can create a variety of shapes from triangles, pentagons to polygons with any number of sides, change corner radius or auto-animate the shapes in your prototypes. We also have plans to add the star shape in an upcoming update.

You can learn more about the polygon tool and our May release here: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-may-2019-update-create-design-systems

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Best,
    Dan

10. Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,755 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that the text uppercase, lowercase and title case transformations are now available with the XD 19 release.

Pro Tip: You can apply the transformations to characters styles and make global updates across the document.

Learn more about text improvements and our May release here: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-may-2019-update-create-design-systems

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Best,
    Dan

11. NOTE: originally this request asked for the ability to override many different styles, not just images and text. If you want to override other styles, please upvote:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19626142-override-styles-in-a-symbol

You may also be interested in these related requests:
    - Override entire nested symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbols-override
    - Multiple swappable states inside one symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031871-add-multiple-states-inside-symbols
    - Resizable symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

Balsamic Symbol :
    Any group of elements than can be named and re-used across multiple artboards.
    Modifications to the symbol are reflected across all artboards that use the symbol.
    It gets better - you can override part of the symbol - text / color /…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Symbol overrides are now available! Download the June release of XD today to get access to bitmap and text overrides (as well as the Apply command, which will apply your changes from the selected symbol to all other symbols).

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

12. You can currently round corners of squares by clicking and dragging to your desired radius. I wish I could:
    1. only round certain corners (ie, only 2 not all 4)
    2. enter the exact radius I want (used to be able to do that easily in the right panel, but that option has disappeared)- would be beneficial for handing off files to developers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dear Adobe XD.
    It is a very big part of working in international Web design that the design tool support all font's.
    It means that I also need the name in original langues.
    Photoshop, ondesign and illustrator can do it but i can't find any way in XD

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To unlock a locked object on a layer, we have to go to Menu > Object > Lock

It would be great it says "Unlock" if the object is already locked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)